ANYONE KNOW WHERE THESE COMING FROM?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Jan 13, 2018.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I know I can not be the only one finding all these shiny pennies ....Almost every roll
    of pennies that I have a look through has at least a few shiny cents...I have noticed
    that most of the older paper rolls that were hand filled seem to be having a lot
    more shiny ones than the machine ( bank?) rolled cents...Got a couple of pictures
    I just took of a roll of cents I just went through....Almost The Whole Roll was shiny!!Anyone have an idea where all these shiny coins are coming from?? SHINY CENTS.jpg SHINY2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SmokinJoe

Oh, forgot to mention that these are not all new coins, they start from 1960ish
    to 2017....

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

5. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I was just going to type that. Where else would they be coming from?

SmokinJoe likes this.
  6. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Some deceased old man's stash taken to the bank by his relatives.

SmokinJoe and abuckmaster147 like this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Nothing unusual about this. Some old collector was probably putting them in plastic tubes for years and years and when the heirs finally took possession of them, they just put them in rolls and took them to the bank. I still have rolls that came from the purchase of collections back in the 70's.

Chris

352sdeer, SmokinJoe and spirityoda like this.
  8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Sooner or later, the 1974 and 1977 rolls that my uncle gave me when I was a kid are going to end up in circulation. Should have sold them for face at the local coin club before I moved (no active coin clubs near where I live now).

SmokinJoe likes this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I can't say for sure if any are mine but I do have to dump quite a few cents, from the 60's on up that are nice and shiny but don't meet my criteria for selling them. They go into hand wrapped rolls and back to the bank.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  10. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I have several half gallon and one gallon jugs filled with cents that were put there by me as I acquired them in change in normal commerce. There was a 40 fluid ounce Cranberry juice one too, but that one broke. What do you suppose will be coming into circulation when those are "turned in"?

I think maybe they are coming back into commerce because "normal people" aren't hoarding pre-1982 cents anymore.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  11. SmokinJoe

Well you guys are probably right.......I just think it's really odd that there are so many of them out there....Not that I am complaining! :rage: Not at all....:)

Attached Files:

12. V. Kurt Bellman

Well, 5 of the 7 ARE Zincolns, and in the big picture, will still be small piles of debris soon enough. :hilarious:

13. SmokinJoe

The first one I posted, the 1984, looks like something wrong with the LI in LIBERTY.
    Gotta go find it now...

14. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

FE2BE102-1E56-4563-8E51-AF02A75BE10A.jpeg

15. V. Kurt Bellman

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted