Anyone know when the 2021 Morgan & Peace Dollars ship?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Gam3rBlake, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

All I’ve been able to find is “shipping in October”, but we’re already about halfway into October and I haven’t heard of any being shipped out yet.

Does anyone happen to have any idea when the US Mint is shipping these out?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sting 60

Sting 60 Well-Known Member

I asked customer service yesterday and they said.....you guessed it, October. To be honest, I don't think they even know it is already October.

Inspector43 and Gam3rBlake like this.
  4. Gam3rBlake

Yeah I’ve noticed their customer service never really seems to know what is going on with the US Mint.

I had an issue where I was emailed that my 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagles were mailed out along with a tracking number but for a whole 7 days the USPS tracking website said “Pre-shipment info sent. Awaiting package.” or something like that. Basically it said they hadn’t received the item to ship it.

So I called the Mint customer service. Granted the lady was very kind but she had no idea what I was talking about.

Then she tells me: “Call us back in a week if it still hasn’t been received by USPS so we can cancel it and issue a refund.”

I tried to explain to her that I did NOT want a refund. I woke up early and spent an hour dealing with their website constantly crashing and I finally managed to get my order through before they sold out.

I told her I just wanted what I purchased and that I didn’t want to have to go pay $300 on EBay to buy something I spent a lot of time and frustration on getting directly from the Mint before it sold out.

She was like: “Wow really they are selling for $300 on EBay? It says here we sold them for $175.”

I had to explain to her that because of the limited number made and difficulty in placing an order the price on the second hand market is double what the Mint was charging.

But I was shocked that a Mint employee had no clue. I don’t think the customer service reps have any idea what is going on with the Mint or what products are being made.

5. Sting 60

Sting 60 Well-Known Member

I think most of the customer service are still working from home.

6. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Thought I originally heard November, but understand it could have changed.

7. Gam3rBlake

What’s really scary is there are already fakes being sold. o_O

E66E361E-0424-4512-848F-E2A579C6152C.png

Revello and JeffC like this.
  8. Gam3rBlake

Ive only seen October.
    24328DCD-ECA1-4603-BB64-383AF9D81AA6.jpeg

Revello likes this.
  9. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

I seem to recall a Facebook or Instagram ad from the Mint, warning about delays. No mention was specifically made about the 2021 Morgans. It was just a general announcement but the release (in late September) prompted many to deduce that the Mint was prepping the public to expect a delay in the October shipments.

Gam3rBlake likes this.
  10. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

As long as it took them to ship the Reverse Proof's I imagine these will take a long time as well. I heard someone say they will start shipping Monday but not sure how long till there done.

Gam3rBlake likes this.
  11. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I'd think that they don't even work for the mint - customer service is probably contracted out, don't you think?

12. Gam3rBlake

Actually the reverse proofs didn’t take too long at all.

I placed my order when they came out and I got my order in like a month.

13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@Sting 60
    I called customer service? last Monday.
    The lady was working from home as I could hear children in the back ground.
    Also it's about half wait before you get one and don't request a call back as you'll not get one.
    The reason I called was I have a order in for 1 of each a Morgan & Peace dollar.
    And as luck would have it the my CC was updated so the 3 number code changed as did the expiration date. I just wanted to be assured that my order would be shipped.
    Well that was a wasted call.
    I have no idea if my order will ship.

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  14. COOPER12

To me that is a long time, Since they where not on Back Order. Mine came quick . I got mine a week and a few days but it took up to a month to ship the full quantity of 175k now they are trying to ship 6 different coins. A total 1,050,000 . I am thinking it's going to take them longer than that . I will not be upset if it does as I know they can only do so many a day.

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  15. Gam3rBlake

I think they’re going to ship each coin one at a time rather than trying to ship all the different coins at once.

Like I think they are going to ship the CC Morgans first and then when all of the CC Morgans have been shipped they will start shipping the O Morgans and continue like that.

It would be too chaotic to try to ship all the coins simultaneously.

COOPER12 likes this.
  16. PeterGordon

PeterGordon New Member

Two of my orders, the cc and o privy marked Morgans and the D and S mint mark Morgans, went from Backordered to Processing, yesterday, October 18th,

17. Gam3rBlake

Yup! Seems like everyone is just waiting on the Morgan P & Peace Dollar and that the CC, O, D and S privy orders are in processing.

Hopefully they ship at least some of them out today or tomorrow since the credit cards are being charged and the Mint policy is not to charge the credit cards until the orders are ready to ship.

18. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It just depends what product they have. It's no different than shipping any other mixed order. Their shipping contractor isnt the really that great though so who knows

19. Gam3rBlake

What I mean though is that for a few dozen employees to ship 750,000 coins in a few days in any order is difficult.

Like if I ran a business and got 1,000 orders and had to package, address and ship them all to different addresses it would be really tough to do in a day.

20. COOPER12

I agree its going to take some time to get these all shipped.

Tusky Ranger likes this.
  21. Gam3rBlake

Yeah me too I just don’t think it’s fair to blame the Mint employees if they take a while to ship. I’m sure they are doing the best they can. I highly doubt they sit around goofing off all day.

Don’t get me wrong I am really looking forward to seeing & holding them in my hand and sending them into PCGS but I have to remember patience and that if I worked at the Mint I wouldn’t want people accusing me of being slow/lazy if I was truly doing the job the best I can.

But I do think they should have them all shipped out by early November. That’s just speculation though and gut feeling though. I have no facts to support it.

Draft saved Draft deleted