Anyone know anything about this Medal, Firemen, Italy?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by fretboard, May 2, 2018.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Hi CT,
    This medal looks like it's from the 1800's to me and maybe it's a firemen's medal, idk. Anyone know? On the obverse it looks like it says "Fassio Christi Confortame," and the reverse is difficult to decipher, looks like "8 Dev Simm Noe," anyone here speaka Italian. Honestly, I don't even know if it's Italian, I'm just guessing. Oh, and I already know some of the pics are terrible, I'm really just wondering if anyone knows anything about it, b/c of the ladder and hose? Maybe someone will see something, I don't. Anyone?
    IMG_6636.JPG IMG_6636.JPG IMG_6626.JPG IMG_6628.JPG IMG_6629.JPG IMG_6630.JPG IMG_6631.JPG IMG_6632.JPG IMG_6633.JPG IMG_6634.JPG

ominus1 and alurid like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Wheels

Wheels Active Member

PASSIO CHRISTI CONFORTA ME-passion of christ strengthen me
    Maybe you would like to post this in the World coins section, maybe a member with knowledge of religious coins/medals can help

4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I would say its a token or talisman for St Florian the patron saint of firemen.

5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Great, I appreciate the suggestion! I'll see if I can have it moved over there, this medal has an area where it used to have a loop or someone wore it as jewelry, idk. Oh, Passio, yeah that makes more sense. Another thing about this medal, which I will find out soon is it may be silver. I had to clean this item in order to see it and there's still a bunch of stuff on it.~Cheers! thumbsup.gif

Draft saved Draft deleted