anyone heard of this Association before? NCCA

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tammiGee, Sep 18, 2018.

1. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

There is a buying extravaganza coming to our little town and at the notorious Best Western Inn. In their USPS mailed flyer they claim to be expressly sponsored by The National Coin Collecting Association that closed doors in 1992 . Any info would be appreciated . If what I believe is true this is yet another way to scam the elderly and give addicted thieves an outlet to sell stolen items without the scrutiny a Tx. Licenced Pawn Broker must offer such as ID etc...Google them and read what I did. Feel like notifying the hotel, US Postal Inspectors and the Secret Service as that is what would happen to me had I mailed out this literature and running the show.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Gotta link to their literature/mailing?

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The NCCA was a organization begun in May 1990 by Bill Atkinson on the premise that the ANA had become to dealer and business oriented and no longer served the collector first. It lasted until Jan 1992 and had over 350 members. It issued a bi-monthly newsletter that lasted for about 8 issues.

Since the NCCA was specifically collector oriented I doubt they ever endorsed any fly by night hotel hopping coin buyers. And why boast about an endorsement for an organization that folded over 25 years ago?

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Smells bad to me.

6. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will be selling any Chinese coins!

7. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

response from ANA:
    This is the first time I've heard of Antique Pickers Back Roads Tour so I decided to do a little bit of research.
    It looks like there are some mixed reactions to their services. They claim to buy in cash and will buy coins, but I can't be certain that they'll value the coins correctly. The most I can say is, use your best judgement. I suppose if you have questions for them before they come, you can reach out and contact them for answers. This is their website: http://www.antiquepickers.network/antique-pickers-back-roads-tour-newspaper.php#main
    I've also found a couple reviews. I attached a photo of the Google reviews that they had and a link to the Yelp reviews they had: https://www.yelp.com/topic/cypress-antique-pickers-back-road-tour-is-a-scam

I don't think it could hurt to go and check it out, but again, use your best judgement. Don't sell with someone you don't trust. If anything, you can go to see what it is, but continue to rely on coin grading services that you know and trust.

8. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

a page from their color flyer

he National Coin Collectors Association is the National sponsor of this event. NCCA coin experts will be on site
    offering to buy all old coins, coin collections, paper money, mint sets, silver & gold bullion etc.
    Basically anything made 1964 or earlier will be of interest to these expert cash buyers.
    Antique Pickers Back Roads Tour & National Coin Collectors Association invites you to come visit us during this exciting event.
    NCCA NATIONAL COIN COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION
    The Most Trusted and Longest Running Treasure Buying Event in the World!
    Professional Antique Buyers & Gold and Coin Experts
    Paying CASH for the Following Items:
    Bring the Gold & Diamonds
    We Buy Broken Gold Jewelry
    We Buy Diamonds
    We Buy Estate Jewelry
    We Buy Gold Class Rings
    We Buy Dental Gold
    We Buy Rolex Watches
    We Buy Sterling Silver Flatware
    Paying Top Dollar For
    GOLD & SILVER

The Show company has a UPS store box for an address. NCCA has been closed since hassling ANACS and ANA in 1992.

9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

That reads just like a Pawn Store ad.

10. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

A Houston Company with a US Mail bulk number stamp from Oklahoma? Fraud on many different levels

11. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Sort of a gun show loophole for gold and silver buyers

Draft saved Draft deleted