Anyone having trouble getting packages from overseas lately

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rushmore, Jun 3, 2020.

1. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

Purchased a coin from a Ebay seller in Lithuania on April 12th. It arrived at the ISC Chicago, Il USPS on April 22nd. That's the last time it was tracked

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. robec

robec Junior Member

I'm still waiting for a package from NJ mailed Priority 5/12

4. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

I was going to order some stuff from England but they said a package under 2kg would take 4 weeks to get here by boat.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

letters to NYC from Long Island take about a week.

Send same to Portland OR-- 2 days.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

are you sure it wasn't the Lusitania ?

Rushmore and serafino like this.
  7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Daughter sent me stuff from So.Africa 10 days ago. Still in Africa

8. Cheech9712

Think about what you just said. Let’s hope it’s over before. You crazy

9. Cheech9712

Yikes

10. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Yes, it would be nice to see the end of COVID-19, but with all the public protests in the past two weeks, I'm afraid new cases will spike upward again :eek:

11. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Welp my folders were supposed to arrive today and they didn't.

12. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

I have had a package that was mailed on 5/13 from Connecticut to Mich. It disappeared for almost a month. Then it went to StLouis, then DES MOINES IA, then DENVER CO Then it took 7 days to get to the Detroit hub. It is supposed to be out for del. today. More then likely it has been sitting in assorted trailers in Post office parking lots.

13. Derek2200

Derek2200 Well-Known Member

I avoid buying items outside USA - late shipments, counterfeits, damaged items and this before covid.

14. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Good news my stuff came today!

15. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Certain post office plants are really having problems because of covid. The ones I noticed most are in NJ, Michigan, Chicago, Los Angeles, Kansas and all ISC's.(international service centers / Customs) Any packages in an ISC will wait for WEEKS before moving on. As a Postal employee I have no way of contacting an ISC to even inquire about a package. ISC's are not linked to the Post Office, they are an international customs clearing office.
    Internationally, I notice that things to and from Australia, and China are experiencing big delays.
    There is still a list of countries banning incoming and outgoing shipments, which changes a couple times a week. Things are just a mess. Couple that with flight cancellations and delays are unavoidable.
    USPS purchases cargo space on commercial airlines well in advance, when that filght is cancelled, the mail has to wait for the next flight, meanwhile......more mail keeps coming in for the same flight. When a flight does occur, there is only X amount of room, so Priority and First class mail take priority, and the retail ground and Media mail continue to wait until enough space is available. So one cancelled flight can cause several days delay in mail.

Greg Bayes, UncleScroge and Rushmore like this.
  16. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

OH don't get me started. I won a bid on E Bay on June 5, paid $15.05 EXPEDITED Shipping from HAWAII and it still (as of today the 19th of June) has not left the island!!!! I suspect something fishy is going on as I have asked the seller three times to give me the exact address he sent my package to (to ensure he or she gave the correct address) and they are refusing to do so stating that due to COVID packages are taking longer than usual and that my package is en route. I am like why would anyone not want to give me, E Bay, the USPS information that help expatiate my package coming to me faster? I don't know I think a lot of people are using the COVID as an excuse for ulterior motives. But this is the conspiracy theorist in me. Will keep you posted <James Bond theme song playing in background>

Circus and UncleScroge like this.
  17. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

I just got an email from the company that the shipment wqas delayed by over a month "The bulk mail facility in Detroit was showing MAJOR delays in processing. According to our sources, this facility was shutdown due to COVID issues and upon reopening was working with a severely modified staff." I imagine that other places were in the same boat!

18. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

I'm seeing my son this weekend. I'm sure at some point your packages end up with FedEx, and he tracks them coming from overseas and through customs. He's able to work from home because he can with a laptop. I'll see what he says.

19. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I made two orders from China over six weeks ago and to this day neither has arrived, no tracking number. Oh well, live and learn!

20. talerman

talerman Well-Known Member

I'm surprised. I thought all international mail ex- Europe from the UK (what they used to call overseas mail) now went by air.

21. talerman

talerman Well-Known Member

FedEx from Europe seems to be working like a dream. I participated in the Schulman auction on June 13. The package was sent from Amsterdam on June 15 and FedEx delivered it to my house in California on June 17. I participated in a cgb auction in Paris on June 16. I won one lot and the coin was just delivered to me by FedEx, on June 19.

On the other hand, a German firm is making its second attempt at sending me a package via DHL. The first time it was returned to them without explanation after about 2 months. They sent it off again on June 8 and no sign of it yet.

I have not received any packages from USPS recently. It sounds like COVID-19 flight cancellations have made their many problems worse. While I am sure they could be better managed like most large organizations, private and public, their basic problem is that the steady decline of traditional mail is not offset by the increase in packages, where they have to compete with UPS and FedEx, while they are required to maintain a network which can deliver mail to every house in the country. At the same time Congress won't let them abolish Saturday delivery which would help a little bit.

Greg Bayes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted