Anyone have access to Dansco albums?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Stevearino, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Wow, went on line the other day to a lot of websites. Looking for a ATB album for a grandson. "Out of stock" was the notation, again and again.

I guess while everyone is at home using toilet paper, causing that shortage, folks are also filling up coin albums.

Steve

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

5. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

I find that my local coin shops keep some around as well, check with yours If you have one near you.

6. Zebmonster

Zebmonster Member

**Dansco is moving their facilities to Washington and they will not be producing new product until further notice. We apologize for this inconvenience. From the coinsupplyexpress.com website. Whitman makes a similar type album which is available

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Stevearino

Thanks, all. I was looking only for a date album, not P & D nor PDSS. I've looked online all over...some want a fortune for them. I think I'll cool my heels until they get back into production. I've got more time than money.

Steve

8. ddddd

ddddd Member

9. Stevearino

Thanks, @ddddd, but I couldn't tell if it was a date set or P & D. I'll have to look at it in person. Would you believe my LCS has closed off the main part of the store due to Covid-19? They buy and sell in a little lobby. But I know the new owner, so he might accommodate my rummaging a bit inside.

Steve

ddddd likes this.
  10. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Stevearino. the albums aren't cheap whether you get Dansco, Littleton, or Whitman.

if you have a Hobby Lobby nearby, they have a coupon on their website for 40% of any one regular priced item that is always good. and they do have coin collecting supplies. they have the folder type ones online, but I know for a fact my local HL has the blue whitman albums also because I got mine there.
    this one:
    [​IMG]
    Amazion has them for lime $26-$27, you can find them for about $20.00, but with at 40% off coupon you'll get it for about $12 or so if they have one in stock near you. I have no complaints, except it doesn't match my brown Dansco state quarters album.

Stevearino and ddddd like this.
  11. ddddd

ddddd Member

From my research the one I linked is a date set (so only one coin per State). I didn't check if that is the cheapest option (I just linked a site where I found it in stock).

Another option is finding a blank Quarter Dansco (7137) like the example below (but those seem to be out of stock too).
    http://www.danscoalbumstore.com/blank-quarters-plain-96-holes-dansco-album-7137-p-2024.html

Finally, @John Burgess has a solid suggestion. Hobby Lobby with their 40% off coupon can be a good resource.

Stevearino likes this.
  12. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Above is whitman #3057 if you are looking for a date album for one example of either P or D

the one for a single mint is #3056. likely harder to come across though in stock for single mints, it's usually covered with the "pop-in" folder type that always hurts my thumbs.

ddddd and Stevearino like this.
  13. Stevearino

@John Burgess, thanks so much for that suggestion. I just printed out my 40% off HL coupon. It appears that these coupons might appear regularly on their website. Wish I'd known about it a couple of weeks ago, LOL, as I was there to buy some artists' paint brushes.

Steve

ddddd likes this.
  14. bsshog40

bsshog40 Senior Member

Stevearino likes this.
  15. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Anyone have an idea when Dansco is going to start producing again?

16. ddddd

ddddd Member

With Dansco, you never know. It took them multiple years to reissue some of the popular albums (like the 7070 type set) even during normal times. Nowadays, it's anyone's guess when they could start production again.

Edit: one website that sells the albums has this message posted:
    "Please Note:
    Covid-19 impact is still delaying production. We were told the delay in production could last until the end of November. Please add your email to the notify me list for any specific items you are looking for. This is the only way to be notified once something is available for purchase. (Messaged updated 9-15-20)"

http://www.danscoalbumstore.com/

Stevearino likes this.
  17. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Thanks! At least that's something.

ddddd likes this.
  18. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

I picked up a gently used Whitman #2882 on eBay. It's cheaper and - other than the cheesy cover - it's very similar to the the classier blue album.

Link to JP's Corner here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted