Anyone have a "pocket piece" coin?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Morgandude11, May 4, 2012.

1. AngelKitty

AngelKitty Sparkles *n* Cats

I dunno if jewelry counts as a "pocket piece," but I've got a 2004 1/4 oz gold eagle in a necklace bezel that I wear fairly often. It was given to me as a graduation present from my grandmother.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I always try to carry 3. Ive got a 1971 IKE. a 194-some mercury dime, and a 1912 barber. (the dimes I keep in little gumball machine type holders, which came from a coin dispensing gumball machine, including silver dimes.)

4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I carry a 1972 Ike and a 1838 Draped Bust Half. The Half is fake. It was made in the middle to late 1800s as a counterfeit. It has a lettered edge. That's why I like it.

I use it to show that just because something is old and looks valuable doesn't mean that it is, or even that it's real. This coin is neither.

5. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Good heavens, no. Those days are long in the past.......:)

7. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Well how the **** does that 10 year old coin look a 200 year old coin then? :D

8. rlspears10

rlspears10 Member

holed wheat cent on my keychain

H&K P2000 9mm ;)

9. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Niceeeeeeee

10. yarm

yarm Junior Member

In an airtite in my pocket

[​IMG]

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Now that one's sweet indeed Yarm.......:)

12. BrandonBro

BrandonBro New Member

A 1896-O Morgan dollar I got for face value the other day

13. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

I been wanting to do that with a nice coin to use as a pocket coin and as a card protector when I play poker. Just gotta decide which coin :D

14. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I understand that the Bebee specimen 1913 nickel is circulated because the previous owner McDermott mixed it with his pocket change to impress folks. Eventually McDermott was convinced to keep it in a plastic holder which he continued to carry in his pocket (so he could continue to impress folks without further damaging the specimen).

This is my specimen of the 1913. It is in a SDB with a set of proof V-nickels. :devil:

I still need Judd 1390 dated 1882 to complete the proof V-nickel set.

Attached Files:

15. bhaugh

bhaugh AKA - 1872Hokie

76 Ike is my walking around coin. Nothing special about it, but it keeps me from taking my wedding ring off and spinning it on the table when I get bored. Instead, I spin the Ike. It's funny how many people have never seen and Ike before.

16. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Here mine. I got in change the day I got my draft notice in 1968@USPS office.its been to about 16-20 different places in the World.it may keep me safe for a lot of years. I have never ask Why maybe just put in pocket daily.
    5C-OBV 43-S OBV.jpg 5c- REV 43-S.jpg

17. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I'm glad and we're lucky that it kept you safe, Angelo

18. Stang1968

Stang1968 Member

You have a 1913 Liberty Nickel? I had no idea I was in such esteemed company!

19. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

It is in an old ANACS white insert placed in a reusable Coin World holder. The coin must be good because the reverse clearly states that it is Certified Often at Pompous Yard-sales (COPY).

It is kept with my proof nickel set just to give my heirs a laugh (or heart attack). To really make it interesting, I've thought about sandwiching a real proof nickel to show a genuine reverse without the word COPY. However, that might cause some problems if it were to fool/confuse the wrong person.

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Yet another way to tell if you are a "coinhollic".

21. Stang1968

Stang1968 Member

I was wondering how you did it :). I could not recall any of the known specimens in ANACS holders. I worry about my family with my coins after I'm gone- so I started writing across the rolls what they contain, and "DO NOT SPEND". Hopefully, when I'm gone, my kids or grand kids wont buy a soda with all my silver dimes!

Draft saved Draft deleted