Anyone had any dealings with Poneyexpresscoins on E-Bay?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, May 24, 2020.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Just askin'........

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Nope, never heard of them! :D

4. green18

Anyone else? I wanna know if this guy is reputable. He has a high priced item that I may want to add to my collection. It's slabbed, but slabs can be faked. The serial number lines up with PCGS, but still, that ain't no assurance. Just looking for confirmation of reputability......

5. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I looked through my Ebay history and I have not dealt with that dealer, unfortunately. Then, putting myself in your shoes, I looked at the dealer's reputation history and 237 positive, no neutral and no negative isn't a bad record, but it's not an extensive one, either. The feedback history looks okay. A quick web search turned up no complaint threads or warnings. Depending on the price of the item, if the slab numbers turn out okay I would feel okay, just okay, buying from this dealer based on that quick background check. But again, it depends on the price of the item. And it also depends on if anyone else chimes in with anything that contradicts anything said above.

capthank and green18 like this.
  6. green18

Thanks Brother. I put an offering in on one of his auctions, and just needed some extra assurance of integrity. He probably won't accept my offer.

7. Jeff71

Jeff71 New Member

Ponyexpress is Glenn Holsonbake also of Americana Rare coins. I have been dealing with him for over ten years, both thru the mail and in person at many shows. You will not find anyone more reputable. He is particularly knowledgable in the Barber series. J Haines, Longtime Lurker

green18 and capthank like this.
  8. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

A well-regarded, long-standing dealer.

green18 likes this.
  9. EyeAppealingCoins

EyeAppealingCoins Well-Known Member

I know him from off of eBay. He is a nice and honest guy.

capthank and green18 like this.
  10. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

I have not had any dealings with him. But, I believe Americana Rare Coins is an ANA member dealer, so he has specific standards he must abide by. And you can look the coin up on his website to get an idea of the range he is likely to accept for the coin :angelic:

green18 likes this.
  11. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Youre fine, there's many ways to get your money back if it was wrong which is unlikely anyways.

green18 likes this.
  12. green18

Thanks guys! You're all aces in my book. :)

13. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

I believe that is Glenn Holsonbake, a dealer in California (?) with an excellent reputation.

Draft saved Draft deleted