Anyone going to the NYINC in January?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by rrdenarius, Sep 28, 2016.

1. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

My wife and I just made arrangements to go to New York in January. I plan to see lots of ancient coins at the NYINC and she will be in yarn bliss at the Vogue Knitting Live convention about a mile away. We hope the weather is not 20 degrees below, but that is when the conventions align.

I will be interested to see what the ACCG says about the new export / import laws. They will have a meeting the last day of the show:
    45th New York International Numismatic Convention
    Schedule of Events - Saturday, January 14, 10 AM
    Meeting: Ancient Coin Collectors Guild
    Program: TBA; Sutton Suite

We will be staying near Times Square. Please send your must see items. Should I wear my crack-em-out shirt from @TIF ?
    P6110820.JPG
    This YN bought a Roman coin at our youth auction.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I am thinking of going but I am not sure yet if it will happen. I hope I will be able to go and perhaps meet up with some CoinTalk members.

You should definitely wear that shirt!

4. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Wait, you got a teeshirt? I didn't know they were available yet. Anyway, I'll be there - let's bring our hammers and bust up all the slabs we find.

Orfew likes this.
  5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

LOL, Duuude... you are WAY behind the times. Been to a few shows with this already... :)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. John Anthony

Nice! Well, I must have missed the memo. I'll give TIF a holler and see if she can GQ me as well.

TIF likes this.
  7. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

I like it as it is a light, comfortable t-shirt. It will make easy for me to take it off quickly and be able to streak the next coin show... :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    TIF likes this.
  8. John Anthony

I was going to "like" this comment, but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea.

Alegandron likes this.
  9. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I will probably visit NYC in 2017 but unfortunately that will not happen in january. More likely to take place in april or october

Q

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Haha it doesn't get that cold in January! I'm going. I live about 1/2 hour away in downtown Manhattan. :woot:

11. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

TIF's T Shirts should be obligatory when visiting coin shows. I am looking forward to hearing that two CT members spot each other across a crowded room because of the T Shirts. :D

Alegandron and TIF like this.
  12. John Anthony

Pishpash and Alegandron like this.
  13. Carthago

Carthago Does this look infected to you?

I will be. Love NYINC! :shame:

14. Nap

Nap Well-Known Member

I'll be there at least one day

Draft saved Draft deleted