Anyone going to the Annadale Coin Show in Virginia Dec 11-12?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Vroomer2, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

I'm not affiliated with the show. Just asking. :)

http://www.annandalecoinshow.com/

I did pop in the Vienna Coin Show at the end of last month for a few minutes.
    Didn't buy anything. :p

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Bump to ask again and because it's this weekend.

I plan on being there Saturday morning and I plan on buying. :)

4. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I'll be there Sat morning around opening time.
    I don't go to the Vienna show anymore. WAY too crowded.
    MFD has an IHC (1899) waiting for me to pick up.

5. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Nice. I got an itchy wallet finger... Really really want to go buying coins now.

Esp looking for GSA dollars, DMPL, PL, and other graded Morgans. #1 on my list is the 1893-S. #2 on my list is the 1894-P. :D

Super duper stoked about this show. :) :) :)

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you happen to spot an 1889-CC in either NGC or PCGS MS64, buy it for me. Christmas is almost here, anyway.

Chris

7. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

WOW!!!
    You aren't a cheap date :eek:
    My 1893-S is G-6.
    My 1894 is VF-35.
    Those aren't every day coins.
    And that's where they'll stay.
    There are other things MUCH higher on my wantlist.

I knew MFD had an IHC on hold for me.
    Phone call said he has two more "coins" also.
    Since he has only one non-IHC on my wantlist I'm thinking I'll end up with three.
    But I'll be VERY happy if the other one is there (1915-S Lincoln). That would finish my Lincolns XF or better.

8. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Yeah looking for VF-25 for the 1893-S. And looking for an MS-60 1894-P. (All based on PCGS price guide prices. ;))
    True about the want list. These are #1 on mine because they are the keys.
    Next on my list are GSA Morgans, CC Morgans, DMPLs, PLs, and the rest. Would love to have a GSA CC (all NGC'd) Morgan set, too. ;) :D

Best of luck on the XF Lincoln set! :thumb::thumb: (My XF SLQ set is on hold at the moment.)

I'll have my iPad with me and post an update from the show floor. Can't wait! See you all there. :smile:smile:smile

Did I tell you I'm stoked about this show?
    :u*meY:

HAHA! :D

9. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Victory!!!!!!!

Pics soon! Kanga and I are on the prowl!

10. acheron

acheron umop apsidn

I went. The parking situation Sat. morning was ridiculous, there was some other event going on at the same time. Nonetheless I had a good time once I finally got in, and I picked up a few things. I blew most of my budget at the Baltimore expo last month, so I couldn't buy a whole lot, but I managed to locate a few cheaper things this time. :)

11. acheron

acheron umop apsidn

Oh, and as for the Vienna show, I haven't been for a year or so but I'm thinking of popping in in January. It definitely gets crowded there though.

12. psuscott1

psuscott1 Junior Member

I stopped by mid-day Saturday. Was my first coin show, and its pretty overwhelming with so many dealers and coins. Ended up not buying anything, but I'll probably go to the next Vienna show with a better plan and money to spend.

I also definitely lowered the average age in that room by a few years when I walked in.

13. acheron

acheron umop apsidn

ha! I definitely know what you mean. You get used to it after a couple shows. :) Though I did see a few little kids there on Saturday with their parents.

14. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

The Whitman Show in Feb in B-More is my next target.

There was a young gun with a Whitman IHC folder going for a "LIBERTY" readable set. Had most of it full. Told him to get an Intercept Shield folder for his IHCs if he was going to keep them in a folder for years and years.

It's all about breaking the ice. Getting that 1st purchase from a dealer. I had to jump right in and go for the jugular on my Morgan set. Had to do it. Then, I waited until the second day to get raw coins (Peace, SLQ)... And I ended up not getting any SLQs. It takes time. Eventually, you'll get a relationship with a few dealers and things will go much smoother and less daunting. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted