Anyone get the ANA magazine?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

I upgraded my membership in order to get the physical mag, just wondering when they usually mail each months issue out.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

They had no hardcopies at the Portland ANA so you may still have just a little while.

phankins11 likes this.
  4. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I get every issue in the mail about a week or so after the digital.

phankins11 likes this.
  5. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

The Numismatist is the BEST Numismatic magazine on the topic!

It actually has more articles than advertisements!!!

I read it from cover to cover!

phankins11 likes this.
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I get the digital, and hate it!

I never bother to read it, and think it is a waste.

Not that I am prejudiced or anything.

:)

7. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I get it but have no idea when during the month.
    When I arrives I go through it.
    I find most of the material uninteresting.
    The long articles are often of merit.
    But most of the short articles have no real "meat" to them.

8. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I get the physical copy of the Numismatist. I enjoy it along with Coin World. I've tried others, but l've narrowed it down to these two.

OdedPaz likes this.
  9. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

I agree wholeheartedly with Odepaz when he stated it is the "BEST" numismatic reading source on the topic. It has a ton of articles that are well-written by many of the hobby's senior statesmen.

I love history so naturally coins and history go hand in hand and the magazine compliments both through its vivid articles and eloquently-written research manuscripts. I also have subscriptions to Coin World, COINage, World Coins, and The Numistmatist, by far, is my favorite overall.

JMHO. Thank you and enjoy what remains of your day.

OdedPaz likes this.
  10. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

I haven't gotten my Numismatist yet...

11. OdedPaz

Well then, upgrade your membership and get the printed version!

The only "waste" is the fact that you don't read it, which is your fault and your loss.

12. phankins11

IMG_20150310_171326712_HDR.jpg

Arrived today :)

OdedPaz likes this.
  13. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

My copy arrived yesterday

14. phankins11

I was the same way. When I did use the digital version on my tablet, I would come across thing that I would bookmark, but then I'd have to remove the bookmarks for the app to download the new issues. I think I'll be happy with the hardcopy.

15. Treashunt

Just not the cost of the hard copy

16. Treashunt

Nope, the waste is charging the same old membership fee, and giving nothing for it

OdedPaz likes this.
  17. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

18. OdedPaz

It is obvious that you have no idea what the ANA does, have never used any of the multiple offers and advantages given to members of the ANA, never lent a book from the ANA's huge library, probably never visited the Money Museum and, most probably, never visited an ANA Coin Show.

You already wrote you don't read the Numismatist, so you have no idea about the wonderful educational articles there, so why are you a member of the ANA at all?

And, if you are so clueless, why do you pass criticism about something you have no idea about?!?

sgt23 and Fritz Voecks like this.
  19. Treashunt

Since you are the genius and arbiter of the ANA, I will pass on your expertise.

My comments are personal, and I shall block further comments from you.
    But, to set the record straight:
    First: you state: "never lent a book from the ANA's huge library, probably never visited the Money Museum and, most probably, never visited an ANA Coin Show."
    Apparently you pick and choose from my comments in your response. To be accurate:
    1) "never lent a book from the ANA's huge library" Why would I ever lend the ANA a book? Editing is our friend.
    2) probably never visited the Money Museum -- nope, too far, too many other things to see.
    3) "never visited an ANA Coin Show." Have you ever read my posts? See the post about last year's visit with the squirrel. Possibly a relative of yours?

If you are going to cite me, please do so accurately, I NEVER said "You already wrote you don't read the Numismatist" -- I stated that I do not read the e-mail version and do not like it. In fact I enjoy the magazine, I do not like the electronic version. Accuracy is our friend.
    Then: "so why are you a member of the ANA at all?" Why I do something is my business and I have no intention of justifying myself to you or anyone else, except, perhaps my wife.

And your statement "And, if you are so clueless, why do you pass criticism about something you have no idea about" is as idiotic as you are. How long have you been a member? Gee, I am impressed by your vast knowledge, and attitude.

I have read the Numismatist for many years, on paper.

Try again, but I will not read your comments, especially since you are the expert on all thing ANA.

Perhaps your pompous response, which I never requested, is indicative of your attitude.

If you are going to make comments about someone's post, it is generally acknowledged that you should be accurate, or in your case, on the same page as the rest of the universe.

But, as for you and your comments, I shall pass.

rzage likes this.
  20. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Why be so rude? It's possible that others have different opinions.

rzage and jello like this.
  21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Tell us what you really think Frank......... devil.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.