Anyone familiar with this?!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jen04976, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

1864 Indian Head but that is literally all I know about this coin. I have had it since I was 6, I am now 39, and still no one has ever been able to tell me about this coin!
    ** trying to add the front of the coin picture but no luck!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

4. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Not an Indian Head Cent. It's a civil war token of some kind. Need photo of other side

Jen04976 likes this.
  5. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

That is as much info as I've ever received, cival war token, and that was iffy when they told me that! I have Google's everything and can't find anything at all :( still trying to post the front of the coin but I guess idk how, it's not working!

6. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

I
    If nothing else, you can always scan the coin. My photographic skills are lacking but then I don't have an SLR either. For simply identifying purposes, scanner should be fine though.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  7. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

I got the photo posted! Let me know of that helps. I've spent hours online and everywhere else the past 33 years, teachers, processors, even had an appraiser look at it, he told me it's worth $20, honestly I think he was clueless because he also kept calling it a penny!

8. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Where?

9. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

Heads!

Attached Files:

10. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

I can't tell much from that. Then, I'm no token expert.

11. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

12. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

13. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

Thanks SO very much! I knew it wouldn't make me rich, but this thing has literally intrigued me my whole life! By my photos would you say poor condition? Even still, it cost me a penny when I was 6 and actually when j got it for change I was like hey, that's no penny! She gave me another one and let me keep this one!

14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Looks like circulated conditiom, but nice. I'd grade it XF. Probably worth more than $20. Less than $100.

Draft saved Draft deleted