Anyone *EVER* hear of this?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kevinfred, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

I bought a couple $25 boxes of pennies at the local bank 18 months ago. I searched through the first but never got around to the second. Well, today while trying to clean up, I grabbed the second box. I knew it was a circulated box (memory of the first) and it was taped up with beige packing tape covering the holes. Despite being labeled in the traditional red "penny" labeling, it had forty rolls of QUARTERS! They were laying in the box as opposed to standing...

And I was just trying to some wheat pennies!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Volante

Volante Well-Known Member

$375 profit, not bad!

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Someone made a big boo boo........:)

5. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Yoo know what could make this better? All those quarters being silver

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah, I love when that happens! Wish it was me but since it's not I'm happy for the OP. :D

7. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Hooray, someone got fired.... um... yay...

8. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

How did forty rolls of quarters fit in a standard cent box? You'd also think someone at the bank would have recognized the weight difference between a box of cents and a box filled with quarters.

9. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

That's right. I'm not going to use the eight-letter word to describe what the OP is doing because I think it's funny and don't want to ruin their fun but compared to cent boxes, quarter boxes are huge and weigh considerably more than a box of cents.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  10. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

I moved two 2009 Lincoln boxes (where he's sitting on a log or something) before the "quarter" box and didn't notice a weight difference either... NOS I've never seen a real quarter box but these were "laying" in the box with the length of the roll(s) being perpendicular to the length of the box. The rolls were plastic sleeves. Maybe I'm tired or totally naive - and you won't ruin my fun of this - but what's the 8 letter word to which you refer? I really didn't mean to come across like the roll searchers, "look at me!"--- I just thought it was so amazing I immediately posted here.... ;)

11. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Nevermind

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  12. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

It was actually a different box... but still a penny box....

Attached Files:

• Box.jpg
      Box.jpg
      File size:
      176.9 KB
      Views:
Draft saved Draft deleted