Anyone ever found a silver dime while crh pennies?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Corn Man, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Ive been hunting cent boxes forever and ive got probably 20 bucks face value of dimes in a cup on my desk just from finding them in rolls. So im wondering if a copper clad dime can get in a roll ,can a silver dime be rolled into a roll of pennies to?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Hookman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

copper dime?

4. Corn Man

Copper clad

5. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, and Yes, it can. It doesn't happen often but it can and does.
    However, as more silver coins are found in circulation, and coin rolls, there will be fewer and fewer to be found.

When referring to Cupro-Nickel Clad coins, just refer to them as "clad" and everyone will know what you're talking about......except maybe bruthajoe who, according to what's currently written on his avatar, is both injured and dumb.

You OK joe?

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Please explain better what you mean by that.

7. Nolan Workman

Nolan Workman Well-Known Member

While crh bank boxes of cents, I ran across a lot of dimes mixed in, the sorting machine let them by, giving the hunter a profit. I never found a silver dime in this mix, but could happen. Also, I have gotten cents mixed in with nickels, a loss.

Hookman and Corn Man like this.
  8. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Yes, I found several while CRH cents a few years ago. All in customer rolled not machine rolled. Even found cents jammed into dime wrappers. Makes a bulge like a pregnant snake

Hookman, Corn Man and bruthajoe like this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Last week I made $.11 cents CRHing 11 rolls of dimes. Yes I had 2 rolls with extras in them, one of them was a dime. It was clad but only once, years ago, I had a silver dime in a roll of Cents.

I'm more likely to get Canadian cents and on occasion I get a cent from the Bahamas.

10. bruthajoe

Why I replied to this thread, just purchased... Screenshot_20200201-101447.jpg

11. Corn Man

Dont waste your money on those ebay mercury ender wheat cent rolls your payed 13 bucks for something in reality thst is $2.50 max

Hookman and Collecting Nut like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You just wiggle the end keeping it in tact and in goes the smaller dime. In a few minutes you can have what you see.

Hookman, bruthajoe and Corn Man like this.
  13. bruthajoe

I've learned the hard way my whole life, why stop now?

14. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Yes - a 1942 Mercury Dime and a small silver bar (1901 Oldsmobile). Both were found in machine wrapped rolls. If you search cents long enough, you'll find a host of items. By the way - I don't search dimes but given the results I've seen of dime CRH enthusiasts, I got pretty lucky.

Danomite likes this.
  15. Kevin Mader

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you new to the hobby?

16. bruthajoe

Yes you can say I am new.

Kevin Mader and Danomite like this.
  17. Kevin Mader

@bruthajoe Thanks for that, Joe. It's not unusual to go on a bit of a spending spree at the start, but feel free to ask the veteran collectors here for advice/direction. Amongst us all, we've learned many hard lessons that we'd be happy to help new fellow enthusiasts avoid. We may save you money in the process.

bruthajoe likes this.
  18. bruthajoe

Thank you, members here are great with advice. I have not seen much discussion here about sources besides banks. I was under the impression it was a bit of a taboo

Draft saved Draft deleted