Anyone ever buy or sell on USA Coin Book.com?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by APX78, Aug 3, 2018.

1. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

I'd love to see them give Ebay some serious competition. But that's going to be hard to do. Ebay is the undisputed GIANT when it comes to buying and selling coins.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

That's exactly the reason I've decided to swim upstream . . .

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You'll hear no arguments from me. :)

One can only hope that they indeed place the proper focus on coins and that all of such reports are not simply taken as absolute fact. It certainly would be nice to see the venue grow into a reasonable alternative to eBay even if the chances are unfortunately slim. If such a venue existed even I would seriously consider getting back into it, even if only on a very limited basis.

5. ToughCOINS

Major difficulties with USA Coin Book the past few weeks. Buyers may be unaffected, but some sellers are unable to upload images of items for sale. Apparently, this known issue belongs to their web hosting service, which has been unable to resolve it in three weeks time.

I'd been holding back on an announcement of new inventory listings because of this. Knowing they don't have a handle on the problem, I'll just list those items originally destined for USACB on the the TC website and / or eBay instead.

I hope they clear this up soon . . . I really want them to succeed.

6. ToughCOINS

Dec 1st, and the situation at USACB still has not improved.

7. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Have they given you a reason and a time line why it is taking so long to fix?

8. ToughCOINS

They claim their web hosting service is working on the problem, but they have not given me an end date for these difficulties.

9. Bambam8778

I too hope it gets resolved soon. At some point I want to start listing on there. It looks pretty good and from what I've heard, the fees are minimal compared to other places.

10. ToughCOINS

The fees are indeed low, and I like how it is organized. It lacks some of the search functionality that eBay makes available, but I still think it is a better venue for coins.

11. Bambam8778

I'm sure you can still get taken (counterfeits, etc.) but I think there are a lot more eyes on what's being sold than on ebay.

Draft saved Draft deleted