ANYONE ELSE WITH ODD AND OPPS COINS?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Jan 27, 2020.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I found the cent coin with the cross burnt into it a while ago...Amazing how they
    can burn or cut a cross into a small cent. I of course am really happy I found it.
    Now the other coin....The 2002 D cent....I must take full responsibility for that
    umm.....Ahhh....Ghastly mistake....:arghh:.....I placed the coin into the solution of
    Apple Cider Vinegar & salt....And....I forgot all about it.....For 3 DAYS!! Sigh....
    I was shocked to see it had eaten right through the coin...Sooo, Just wondering if
    anyone else has found coins like these two...Or different coins that are unusual. 2008 3 DAYS.jpg CROSS INTO CENT.jpg 2008 3 DAYS.jpg CROSS INTO CENT.jpg

2008 3 DAYS.jpg CROSS INTO CENT.jpg 2008 3 DAYS.jpg

CROSS INTO CENT.jpg 2008 3 DAYS.jpg CROSS INTO CENT.jpg 2008 3 DAYS.jpg 2008 3 DAYS.jpg CROSS INTO CENT.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

68158FFD-4D96-4846-8B5C-0CBCDB16C9EA.jpeg A06E2867-F76D-4D33-8393-DD39BD445C43.jpeg I think these are cutout pieces

SmokinJoe likes this.
  4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I've done a few like the cross. Drill a hole and then use a scroll saw to do the design. It requires a deft touch though.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  5. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

I’ve found a few of the crosses over the years. Here’s a few listed on the bay.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  6. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

7. SmokinJoe

Thanks Tommy for explaining how to do it....I think I'm gonna try it.

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. SmokinJoe

Thanks Danomite ( Danomite...I love that name!)

Danomite likes this.
  9. SmokinJoe

Thanks Heavymetal, I have to say the angel is absolutely Beautiful...Look at the wings....Wow....I am going to try to cut a few cents but will not try to do the Angel. I know ahead of time that is beyond my capability.....Maybe 30, 40 years ago but not now when I am a ooold Man:hungover:

Draft saved Draft deleted