Anyone Else Have Marks on the Harry S Truman Set Booklets

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Excuse_Me, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

Did anyone else Have Marks on the
    2015 Coin & Chronicles Set Harry S Truman Booklets?

Dscf1739.jpg Dscf1738.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you ordered the proof booklet, I would definitely send it back.

Chris

green18, rickmp and 19Lyds like this.
  4. I would call customer service and see if they will send you a replacement booklet. I would not send the whole set with coins back, as there is no guarantee they can replace the set with only 17K mintage. Not sure what your plans are for the set. If this is your one and only to keep, I would try to see if they can replace the booklet only. If not, then I would probably just buy someone else's OGP on eBay. If your plans are to sell, then just sell it and accurately describe the condition of the booklet. Many buyers just want the RP coin to grade anyway. TC

5. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

All I can say is: ?????

6. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

They haven't replaced any of my returns since the new website, they simply refund and you have to reorder, which you can't do with a sold out set.

7. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Well, there goes slabbing the booklet!

dwhiz and KoinJester like this.
  8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The process was the same with the old web site, too. No exchanges, just reorders.

9. statequarterguy

Good luck on that one. One of my MoD Set coins had half a capsule, called CS, no luck, called DC, no luck, was told I had to send back the whole set. I bought the empty ogp off eBay.

10. statequarterguy

Not my experience and actually I think the change happened when they moved the service center. They still have the "exchange" option on the return form, so I called CS, they said they're working on making that option work, but it's hit and miss. It has never worked for me, before the move, I always got an exchange, not a refund.

11. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

Original Message-----
    From: US Mint Support [mailto:Usmint-support@catalog.usmint.gov]
    Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:18 PM
    To:
    Subject: Re: 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set Harry S Truman Booklet

This letter is in response to your recent correspondence to the United States Mint.

We are happy to assist you with order number USM0. You can return the full set and receive a full refund per our policies and procedures.

The 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set - Dwight D. Eisenhower is sold out, so we have no replacement parts or sets to replace your damaged order. We have brought this issue to the attention of our headquarters but we cannot make any promises that there will be any product available to replace your damaged booklets. If you would like a replacement set, we advise that you keep your sets until we have contacted you letting you know what decision was made regarding possible replacements. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of receiving the damaged product.

For general information, you may contact us seven (7) days a week from

8:00 AM to 12:00 midnight Eastern Time. Hearing and speech impaired customers with TTY equipment can reach us Monday through Friday from

8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time or by visiting us online at www.catalog.usmint.gov. To contact us by email, please reply to this correspondence or send an email to usmint-support@catalog.usmint.gov.

We appreciate your interest in United States Mint products, programs and services.

United States Mint

Customer Service Center

1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468)

TTY 1-888-321-MINT (6468)

001-1-202-898-6468

Visit us at www.catalog.usmint.gov to check on your order status, update your US Mint profile and to place new orders.

12. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

Still do not know what the proof booklet is?

13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I was joking.

Chris:wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

14. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

What did your coins look like?

15. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

OK I understand :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

16. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

My Coins ALL looked great...

17. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Did the mint email really say Dwight D. Eisenhower and not Truman?

18. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

Yes it did didn't even notice it until you mentioned it.

I sent them a reply and said So the 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set - Dwight D. Eisenhower set is sold out too? I must have missed that sale ;)

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Don't sweat the small stuff (although I know it can be quite irritating at times). Glad the coin/medals are satisfactory.

Do they (those at the mint) even know what planet they're on? :)

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

August 11.......mark your calender's folks.......

21. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

-----Original Message-----
    From: US Mint Support [mailto:Usmint-support@catalog.usmint.gov]
    Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 4:55 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set Harry S Truman Booklet (KMM5920865V2438L0KM)

Dear,

This letter is in response to your recent correspondence to the United States Mint.

Please accept our apologies for any confusion but, according to the Dwight Eisenhower Coin and Chronicles item page at http://catalog.usmint.gov/2015-coin-chronicles-set---dwight-d.-eisenhowe

r-AX2.html,

this item will be released for sale on Aug 11 at noon Eastern Time.

For general information, you may contact us seven (7) days a week from

8:00 AM to 12:00 midnight Eastern Time. Hearing and speech impaired customers with TTY equipment can reach us Monday through Friday from

8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time or by visiting us online at www.catalog.usmint.gov. To contact us by email, please reply to this correspondence or send an email to usmint-support@catalog.usmint.gov.

We appreciate your interest in United States Mint products, programs and services.

United States Mint

Customer Service Center

1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468)

TTY 1-888-321-MINT (6468)

001-1-202-898-6468

Visit us at www.catalog.usmint.gov to check on your order status, update your US Mint profile and to place new orders.

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Ok so the Coin & Chronicles Set - Dwight D. Eisenhower is sold out also?

I must have missed that sale....

Thank You

Draft saved Draft deleted