Anyone Else Banned?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Mat, Nov 28, 2021.

1. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

Have you tried posting something on the boards as a test?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor_Clark

Victor_Clark all my best friends are dead Romans Dealer

I'm not able to post

4. Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix Well-Known Member

Don't worry Mr. Clark, you'll get used to it. In fact, "bans" are highly collectible around here...

39BBDB83-5E91-42E6-BC74-207B3DE4E552.jpeg

45B4BBA2-E7AF-4690-A89B-D3017CCDA59F.jpeg

C6C4B5E5-65C7-43D8-A6F8-1B63B874FD10.jpeg

DB2DF803-4280-4B5E-928B-A3AB2EFA662A.jpeg

046B0417-7B4F-487E-82EB-E4DFD24D18BA.jpeg

6BC6F492-5336-4CF1-B223-3E5DC51F18E2.jpeg

Limes likes this.
  5. Victor_Clark

Please, it's just Victor...unless you are trying to curry favor. :D Joe called me and he is working on it. The problem was that the spammer that was banned had the same IP as me, Hopefully it will be sorted soon,

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Curtisimo, Jay GT4 and DonnaML like this.
  6. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Hmmmm

Cucumbor, Limes and Ryro like this.
  7. Victor_Clark

8. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Curtisimo and Ryro like this.
  9. Victor_Clark

I figured you were playing; but just in case...

Curtisimo likes this.
  10. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Active Member

I just posted OK on Forum.

Jay GT4 likes this.
  11. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

I think that it is a bit misleading to label CT as less academic just because it gets more showcase type threads and posts (what’s wrong with showing off coins? :D). Also, when a post slips off the first page that doesn’t mean that it is unavailable or even difficult to find. When I start researching a new coin, Google pulls up helpful CoinTalk articles in about the same proportion as FORVM resources. Both are excellent resources with tons of useful information, academic and otherwise. I am a member of both and wish them both continued success. Each has their strength. FORVM’s fakes database is unparalleled in its usefulness as is the hosting of content like Doug’s webpages.

The reason I post more here and not over there is the ease of use of the site and the user interface. CT is easy to use, intuitive and has good multi-media capabilities whether you are on a computer or mobile device. FORVM has improved a lot but it’s still not as easy to use, particularly on a mobile device. It doesn’t scale properly on mobile and I end up having to zoom in and out constantly if I want to read the content. For comparison see below for what each looks like when I pull them up to browse on my mobile device.

BA38EDA5-A1BA-4F17-9A0B-15BE8442E5B9.png

BF720FB4-4B4D-4A3E-ADD8-2AA37F94BEB3.png

Such considerations might not matter to those who only browse on a PC or who have become accustomed to the site but for new members and people who use multiple devices I really think ease of use can’t be overestimated. Especially since we are talking about how people spend their free / hobby-enjoyment time.

The above is not meant as a negative commentary on FORVM. As I said I think it is great. It’s just my honest feedback on site usability that I think might be relevant.

As an added note I have noticed you posting more recently which has been nice :)

12. pprp

pprp Well-Known Member

You should better read the terms. By uploading your photos your give him the right to use them as he likes

Broucheion likes this.
  13. pprp

pprp Well-Known Member

And anything else that you don't like.

Broucheion likes this.
  14. Keith Twitchell

Keith Twitchell Active Member

Apparently he was intending to ban one person and accidentally banned everyone. The second problem has now been fixed, and I have no idea about the first one.

15. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 Well-Known Member

Good observation. That is something I had not considered since I rarely use my phone to browse coin sites. I'm usually always on a laptop or tablet.

Curtisimo likes this.
  16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I guess I was banned there also, as I received a copy of the 'sorry ' email that said I was back. Jim

17. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

That's a very fair summation of the matter. In short, I tend to think of FORVM as a library and CT as a cafe.

TIF, Bart9349, ambr0zie and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted