Anyone currently use CoinManage 2013?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kevinfred, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

This software is actually really good... There are all sorts of cool stuff to do - reports, finding coins on ebay you need, etc. You can attach photos to your coin, a CAC checkmark, it has about everything.. even PCGS input! It's worth a look for people that don't have a good system of tracking already.

Anyway, when I upgraded to the '13 version I can't use the "scan" button anymore (I have to scan the coin separately and import the image) Anyone else using CoinManage experience this?

The one thing I do NOT like it the support for CoinManage is virtually nonexistent.

I've heard Coin Elite is also really good.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i use an love it, got over 500 coins listed, but i never used scan, i take pics of my coins, stored on puter an just add the pic when i add a coin...

4. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

I am looking to invest in a computer program to organize my collection. Can some people give me their recommendations. I have looked into Coin Elite and Coin Manage and both look great. Any others that I should research? Namely I collect US Coins (not currency) but I do have some Canadian coins as well. Thanks.

5. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

Check out-- Exact Change. Covers U.S. and Foreign. Also covers currency.

6. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

I use Excel. It's free and completely customizable.

JPeace$ likes this.
  7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I also use Excel. I've made a sheet for each series I collect.

8. stoster38

stoster38 Member

When did Excel become free? :p I'm sure Microsoft would love to find out ;)

9. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I have a Mac and have used a couple of different applications over the years and unfortunately the developer either is no longer around or has stopped supporting the software. So I just decided that I'll use Excel as it should be around for a while :) Similar to jpcienkus I have a different tab for each country that I collect.

10. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I keep a spreadsheet for both the company (multiple) and my personal collection. I use Google Drive, and their spreadsheet application is free. Not quite as powerful as Excel, but not far off, either. My netbook that I travel with is loaded with Linux and subsequently Libreoffice, which is comparable to the Google apps. It is also available for Windows. I got my copy of MS Office 2010 for my home PC through work for free (Microsoft had a promotion for us), but if I didn't have it, I'd be using Google apps exclusively.

11. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

Tabortot, CoinManage has about everything you could want/need. Download the trial and play around with it... I just sold a coin and it told me what I made, % margin, etc. -- very cool. My favorite part is how it tells you which coins you need to complete the set, or a set 'you' create. Hit F8 on a needed coin and all available ebay coins pop up. Hit F9 and all the coins that have sold pop up.

12. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Kevinfred...very cool. I'll do more research on that. Thx.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

13. definer

definer definitely....! LOL

You could also use the spreadsheet app in OpenOffice (which is free). It pretty much mimics Excel in functionality, though the menu (ribbon) might look different.

14. definer

definer definitely....! LOL

FYI, for everybody, I just tried going to the purchase page for Exact Change and my virus software blew up with a malware threat being detected. might be a false positive, but...

15. jmon

jmon Numismatist In Training

I can tell you it is a false positive if you are buying from wildman. I just installed it on my new desktop and had a ton of updates to pull from them. I have also been using it for a couple of years. I looked at dern near every program out there, and considered Excel. But, when it was all said and done, I went with ExactChange. The seem to do the best about adding new coin's and I like the features.

16. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

I've been using Exact Change for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems. They even came up with a way to import all my info from Excel spread sheets into their program.

Draft saved Draft deleted