Anyone coming to Portland for the ANA show?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by gsalexan, Feb 24, 2015.

1. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

The ANA's National Money Show is coming up March 5-7 in Portland, Oregon! This is my home turf and I'd be interested in meeting other CT forum members who are planning to attend. I'll be manning a booth for the Souvenir Card Collectors Society much of the time. PM me if you know when you'll be around and we'll find time to connect!

Greg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Active Member

Would love to but.....damn job! Take lots of pictures please!

4. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Claustrophobic and Paranoid of hitting the ground at 300MPH from 30,000 feet altitude!! Will wait for an East Coast show!

5. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

I'll be at Chicago's CPMX that weekend.

6. aubade21

aubade21 Well-Known Member

I'll be there. I'm excited, but not sure what day I'll be able to attend. I haven't made my mind up if I'll take a day off work yet.

7. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

I've been waiting for this show about 3 years or so now, shortly after it was announced that it was coming to Portland. On Friday the 6th their having a friendship luncheon i believe beginning at noon at Hubert's Cafe.

I'll be going Friday and possibly Saturday if i feel i don't get my fill from one day!

8. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Unfortunately I can't make it this year. I had to choose between the Baltimore Whitman show and the ANA show this year. Too busy at work to go to both. Should be a great show though.

9. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

That's the best show in the PNW--I always try to make it. :)

10. gsalexan

I will definitely take some pics and post them. Wish the BEP was attending, but they only seem to do one show a year now and already did FUN.

11. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

I'm planning to come down with the Family. Show for me, visiting Portland for them. My wife has proposed spending the night, so maybe we'll drive down Friday after work if I can find a cheap place to stay.

I've never been to a show like this before. Will there be anything "left" on Saturday? I see they offer free admission on Saturday. Does that mean that most of the trading and other "work" of the show is basically done by Saturday?

Rob

12. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

There should be lots of things left and sights to see even the last day of the show. Depending on which direction your coming from there should be some inexpensive hotels in the Troutdale area on I-84 which is only about 15 minutes from the convention center. Although it is close to the airport so you might be able to find better prices along the 405 that by-passes downtown Portland area.

Perhaps this link can give you some things of interest for their scheduling.

https://www.money.org/nationalmoneyshow/schedule

13. gsalexan

I recommend trying Priceline - there are lots of business hotels downtown or the airport which empty out on weekends. You can often get good rates on "set your own price." Then hop on the Max over the river to the convention center.

14. gsalexan

Draft saved Draft deleted