Anyone collect Mark Antony’s Legion Denarii?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Gam3rBlake, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

This is just a head’s up in case anyone is interested.

I’ve talked to a couple collectors who are looking for specific legions so maybe this is a good place to look?

HA has a huge lot of at a few dozen Mark Antony legionary denarii coming up for auction this week.

I am hoping I can get one myself.

None of them are MS or anything super high grade like that but at least it keeps things somewhat affordable. :)

3003D397-0DDF-46E6-BD02-0869E6C19E27.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gavin Richardson

Gavin Richardson Well-Known Member

@Bing is your man, methinks. But his collection is already pretty strong.

BenSi and Gam3rBlake like this.
  4. El Cazador

El Cazador Active Member

Please don’t advertise coins in active auctions - not kosher!

5. Gam3rBlake

I’m not advertising. I’m giving a heads up.

Advertising implies that somehow I’m making money off spreading the word. Or trying to promote something.

I’m not.

6. El Cazador

El Cazador Active Member

You are misusing the terminology here… please refrain from further hype

7. DonnaML

DonnaML Supporter! Supporter

I disagree. There's nothing wrong whatsoever with calling people's attention to the fact that there are a lot of legionary denarii available in an upcoming Heritage auction. People mention upcoming auctions all the time. It's very different from the frowned-upon practice you mentioned in another thread. And it seems to me that you're the one misusing terminology here -- this is neither advertising nor hype, both of which imply a personal interest in the result.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  8. El Cazador

El Cazador Active Member

I am surprised its 3am in NYC and you are still up, @DonnaML - i am glad my post sparked your interest

9. Gam3rBlake

I just figured there must be Mark Antony legion denarius collectors here. It’s just such a cool theme I knew there had to be at least a few.

Since I knew that I figured all of them should be aware of this unusually large lot coming up for auction.

Before I posted I asked myself “Would I want someone to tell me if a large lot of coins I’m interested in came up for auction?”

The answer was yes so I shared what I saw since if even 1 person who didn’t know about it knows now I think it’s worth it.

Like if there was a huge lot of many different Emperors denarii coming up I would appreciate someone posting it letting me know since I am trying to collect all the Emperors.

DonnaML and Roman Collector like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted