Anyone Collect $2 Legal Tender Notes?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by logantrky, May 31, 2016.

1. logantrky

logantrky Member

I like $2 bills. In fact I bought two today (shown below!). Particularly, I love the red seal Legal Tender Notes.

I'm seriously considering putting together a set of them starting with the 1928 series.

I was considering putting together a higher grade set, but not sure if this is a smart idea. Thoughts?

Edit: the title of the thread should read, "Anyone collect $2 Legal Tender Notes?" Sorry. Newbie mistake. :happy:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Putting together a set of $2's shouldn't be that hard......unless you also plan on including the star notes.

logantrky likes this.
  4. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

I'm currently putting together a set of 1928 $2 legal tenders. I have been for a couple years now. My advice to you, if you're only interested in collecting a high grade set, get the 1928 B first. It'll be pricey, but then it's all down hill. Unless, like @SteveInTampa said, you plan on getting the stars. You might have to sell the car.

logantrky likes this.
  5. logantrky

logantrky Member

Thanks, @MitchBailey.

Do you collect other Legal Tender denominations too or just the $2?

6. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

I like the 1928 $5 legal tenders, but I'm mostly into the $2's. I'm hoping more of the stars turn up in the coming years. I also collect 1934a $10 FRN's. I'm going for all blocks, stars, and mules.

logantrky likes this.
  7. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i like two dollar notes, rescued a few red seals from circulation, save the green seals i find and bought a few odd notes...FYI, they are all "legal tender notes", the red seals are "United States Notes"....if you decide to put a set together, u might think about purchasing them already graded, this way you can research to see what grades are in you budget and get them all around the same grade...good luck..

Scan0111-vert.jpg Scan0115-vert.jpg Scan0117-vert.jpg Scan0113-vert.jpg
    Scan0089-vert.jpg Scan0091-vert.jpg Scan0093-vert.jpg Scan0147-vert.jpg Scan0149-vert.jpg

MitchBailey and logantrky like this.
  8. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

I also collect bank notes. I enjoy them, yes. Especially the ones from 1976 that my mom saved for nearly 40 years.

logantrky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted