Anybody recognize this symbol?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

A friend of mine own a consignment shop and just received this group of cufflinks. I recognize the symbol, and I believe I've seen it on some ancient coins but I can't quite put my finger on it. image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Look like oil wellhead Christmas trees.

Cal

4. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

I was thinking same as calcol. The symbol looks familiar too, but not from a coin or medal or anything...maybe some company logo. Lots of oil in the big easy! Blow out preventer?

5. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I'm a chemical engineer that work for quite a few oil and gas companies, so maybe it is. That's the reason he asked me.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

IUDs?

green18 and beef1020 like this.
  7. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Since this is an odd one, I'm not shy to add an odd interpretation - pixelated version of the internal female reproductive system. Some of the designs appear wider and some thinner, so leaning towards that.

8. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

My first thought was plumbing or pipefitters union, but after reading calcol's answer I tend to agree with him.

9. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

nailed it! knew i had seen that before...

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I'm really thinking oil wellhead christmas tree.

[​IMG]

Note on the op image, on the vertical of the "T" you can see what appear to be the edge view of the the valve wheels.

[​IMG]

paddyman98, Kirkuleez and medjoy like this.
  11. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Any more info?

12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Nothing that I can find. I have a feeling it was just a trade show handout. If it is a Christmas tree company, I could see them giving this sort of thing out at OTC or one of the other major shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted