Anybody received something from the latest Themis?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Factor, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Factor

Factor Well-Known Member

I won one lot on Themis 9 and immediately paid through Biddr. For absolutely ridiculous 40 pounds they charged for shipping I expected express shipping. So far no shipping notification and the invoice is marked as paid but not shipped in my biddr account, since April 11th...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

They may be waiting on an export license. Just this morning, I got a shipping notification from Naumann for items won at their April 4 auction.

Restitutor likes this.
  4. Iepto

Iepto Active Member

Thought themis is based in the UK which as far as I know doesn't require an export license? (AFAIK Naumann is in Austria)

The Trachy Enjoyer likes this.
  5. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

40 pounds shipping? That is simply untenable IMHO unless its a very heavy parcel.

6. ambr0zie

ambr0zie Dacian Taraboste

Does anybody know if Themis are related to Demos?

7. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

I won a lot from the last Demos auction and they only charged 15.53 EUR for FedEx shipping.

8. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

The 40 GPB shipping is why I will never bid with them. It is simply ridiculous and they have lost a customer for good.

9. ambr0zie

I was asking because I won 2 lots but there was no update about shipping since late last night. But when the status was changed to "shipped" on biddr I saw that Demos sent the package 2 days ago, so on Tuesday. Reasonable. Why didn't it apear on Biddr, I have no clue, but it seems they are OK.
    The house I usually buy from manages somehow to prepare all the packages on Monday early AM after a full weekend auction (not sure how :D) but we can't expect this kind of service from everyone
    There is another thread about Demos and I was a little worried about what I read there, but I will post there after I get the coins.

10. seth77

seth77 Well-Known Member

Yes, Savoca are awesome :cat::cat::cat:

Orfew and Andres2 like this.
  11. ambr0zie

Thought that warp speed sending is standard for other houses, apparently not. Just makes me appreciate them even more.

12. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 Well-Known Member

I asked about the ridiculous shipping rate and they replied they could do it for 30 GBP. Considering the buyers fee was so low I decided it was still worth it. Sent an email yesterday asking about a tracking number but no reply yet.

13. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

All I know is I won a lot from them last week, it was shipped via Fedex a day or so ago and there has been no funny business.

Jay GT4 likes this.
  14. Factor

Factor Well-Known Member

One 23 mm coin. They actually just a provided tracking number, from Frankfurt (!) by registered mail. Not received by the post yet, just tracking created.

Draft saved Draft deleted