anybody no what this is

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jon deranleau, Nov 30, 2018.

?

anybody no what this is

1. planket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jon deranleau

jon deranleau New Member

anybody no what this is

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

damage, i cant see the reverse.

4. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

looks like a fake china one on the side angle...

5. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Welcome to CT.

Yes, please show both sides of the coin. We're interested...

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Let's see some better pictures. Looks like maybe some kind of planchet indent? Here is an example that I have but on a cent.
    1982 Planchet Indent.jpg

Mike185 likes this.
  7. jcm

jcm Active Member

8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I don't "no" what a "planket" is....

But this coin appears to have been struck through a blank planchet. When a second planchet enters the chamber before the first has been fully ejected, sometimes the second leaves an impression on the first.

It is hard to say whether yours is legitimate or not, but it appears to be genuine.

mlov43 likes this.
  9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Struck through a planchet or late stage capped die, not sure which and it also shows a partial collar strike. Probably a tilted partial collar strike which could be caused by the other planchet causing the collar to be depressed on one side.

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

planket?????????????????????????????

11. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Hey, guys. Let's just provide the correct spelling in our posts and move on.
    (Let's make new members feel welcome, okay?)

@jon deranleau We still haven't gotten those pics from you yet. Give us some better pics. I'd like to see both sides of this coin.

furham likes this.
  12. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I respectfully have to disagree.

Correcting the spelling or terminology will help new people learn the hobby rather than continuing to use incorrect terms or spelling. Common language is what keeps us all on the same page and furthering the hobby.

It’s possible that the OP thought the correct term was planket and now they know better.

13. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Agreed, Sir. That's why, if you read my post, you will notice it says, "Let's provide the correct spelling..." (and damp down the critical tone when addressing a new member's spelling).

If I misspell something, please, let fly with the sarcastic tone. (My Minnesota-English needs to be kept in check at times.)

Draft saved Draft deleted