Anybody familiar with MA-shops?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Patrick1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Patrick1

Patrick1 Member

Was just told about this site to buy coins in another thread. I see stuff I m interested in, shipped from Germany.
    I would like to hear about experiences with this site.

Thxs

Pat

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I bought something once, but I got inundated with emails from all of their members - like I was the newest item on the menu. I only go there if there is something I can't find anywhere else and I REALLY want it.

4. Patrick1

Patrick1 Member

Wow that's funny actually. Yes I saw 3 items that really interest me.

Thxs

Pat

5. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

It was funny until I kept getting hit with emails and had to delete them. I would guess 10+ per week.
    Prices are a bit high, but you are dealing with a numismatic co-op, not a single company.

kountryken likes this.
  6. Patrick1

Patrick1 Member

I am not worried about the emails I might get.
    I m more worried about paying for something and getting scammed.

Thxs

Pat

ma-shops likes this.
  7. jgenn

jgenn World Crown Collector

I made three purchases last year through MA-shops, from Germany, Austria and France. They were problem-free and purchased with PayPal. I even returned my purchase from Germany for a full refund. So far I haven't experienced a problem with unwanted emails.

Seattlite86, ma-shops and micbraun like this.
  8. Patrick1

Patrick1 Member

Thats great new, thxs a lot.

Pat

9. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

I buy occasionally, all transactions have been smooth.

Like other online sales, I've had coins that looked original in the pics turn out to be lightly cleaned.

Some sellers are open to price negotiation, I once had one come down quite a bit.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  10. Patrick1

Patrick1 Member

I saw there is an option to make an offer. I will give it a shot.

Thxs

Pat

11. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I don’t know how this could possibly have happened. ma-shops is a German company, which has to adhere to the GDPR. In the EU, data protection (personal data incl. your e-mail address) is strictly regulated for businesses. Did you unintentionally sign up for newsletters?

Seattlite86 likes this.
  12. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I have made a few purchases in the past. Another source for hard to find items. Never had a problem that wasn't resolved. Need to be sure you are clear on pricing. Be sure to convert Euros to Dollars. Shipping to the U.S. can be high from some dealers. Not all dealers are located in Europe. Some are well known in the U.S. You will get a lot of emails, but I don't mind. I get to see a lot of interesting coins I would never see otherwise. Like any other online dealer you have to do your homework. I have "made offers" in the past which were accepted.

ma-shops likes this.
  13. Patrick1

Patrick1 Member

Thxs that's very helpful

Pat

14. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

I bought one item from them a few months ago... went smoothly enough... didn't get any spam emails...

ma-shops likes this.
  15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

They were at Fun. No coins but they were handing out a flyer with some really nice coin images. One of the guys is a member here.

16. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

I buy from them 6-7 times a year. I use PayPal and never had
    any problems. Concerning the E-mails, you can set guidelines
    to what you receive. Those that don't, just delete or unsubscribe.
    With the coins I collect, I only get the ones that interest me.
    The dealers are TOP quality and very honest!!

ma-shops likes this.
  17. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

MA shops has a lot of great stuff and I could see them being a competitor to Ebay for coins one day! I bought one coin recently, should receive it soon, will update.

ma-shops likes this.
  18. Patrick1

Patrick1 Member

Wow this site is actually amazing. I find a lot of coins at a better price even with shipping than Ebay.
    Can anyone tell me how combined shipping fees work?
    On Ebay I put in my cart and request an invoice.

Thxs

Pat

19. Fugio1

Fugio1 Well-Known Member

MA-Shops is one of my daily stops. It is very similar to VCoins in that it is a market portal for dealers to list their items for a price. Many of the same dealers as VCoins but many others, so there is an array of offerings you won't see on VCoins (and vise versa). I believe it is as reputable a portal as VCoins and more reputable than Ebay because there are no fake sellers, and a lot fewer offerings of what I would call junk coins to wade through.

20. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I use them regularly. Never had any problems and the only emails I get are the ones that I signed up for. Like others have said this is a group of dealers so doing a little research prior to purchase is always a good idea.

21. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

I only use it when I need quick research info. Have never purchased anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted