Anybody else besides me like silver Kennedy Halves?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GUNNER63736, Jan 23, 2021.

1. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

I am addicted to the 90% silver proof Kennedys. I have no rhyme nor reason to which ones I have in my collection. The main criteria is that I feel that I am getting the coin at a good price. I don't mind duplicates in the collection if the price is right. Just an old poots way of enjoying the habit. Bought this one today for $34.00 shipped. 2014-P Silver Proof Kennedy Half Dollar PCGS PR69DCAM 50th Anniversary. What ya think? Anybody else like the silver Kennedys?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Wow , Handsome Coin ! I Love KHD's ! Thanks for sharing .

4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Beautiful.

My guess is @Beardigger likes Kennedy's too ;)

5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

The Kennedy Half issued in 1964 is what got me interested in coins. I have all the silver JFK halves except the Doubled dies or other errors/varieties. I used to love to watch JFK's press conferences. If he didn't want to answer a question, most of the times he'd say something that made me laugh.

The Eidolon likes this.
  6. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

I was in kindergarten class the day he was assasinated ,we were all sent home , remember them showing it over and over in black and white,and their after growing up with the kennedy halves as circulating coinage and came to love getting them in change,and for sure missed them when they went to the NIFC,s currently have from 64 to 07 in p and d with about a half dozen s,s thrown in plan on completing the set ,got distracted with other interest, you know how that go,s so yes I love the KHD,s

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  7. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

How can you not love silver JFK halves? They were an inspired design created at an emotional time in our history. They are big, beautiful and inspirational pieces..... Heck yeah I do love me some JFK silver!

eddiespin and Rushmore like this.
  9. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

1964 JFK halves are one of my favorites

10. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Yes, Kennedy's are one of my Favorites. I have collected them for a long while. This last score of over 2000 40%ers will be hard to part with. I believe I have a complete set from 1964 through 2019. Only missing a few NIFC's.

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have a complete set of Kennedys but I prefer Franklin's or Walkers.

13. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

So do I. I do prefer JFKs over Franklins.

14. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

Well, thank goodness I am not the only collector of Kennedy halves around. Thanks for the input folks. Enjoy your coin collecting/hoarding/addiction. LOL

15. Dug13

Dug13 Well-Known Member

Love ‘em, my fav half!

Draft saved Draft deleted