Anybody buying the Palladium OZ. coin from the mint is September

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Brian Calvert, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

Just curious... ? Thoughts on Price ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Nope, there are better things to do with palladium than use it for coins. Especially when we don't produce enough of it for our own industrial needs.

4. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

Watching the prices fall over the last month on all metals makes one wonder if we are in for 10 or even 20 more years of falling prices as the World Bankers manipulate currencies and the Paper dollar is the only worthy money. Really have to wonder where we go from here. WORRIED !

Ericred likes this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I may consider it, as I enjoy the design, but it will probably be too expensive for my frivolity..........

6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I will be all in on them. Still can't get a 70 graded 2017 palladium for under $2,000. And everyone that has one will want the proof to go with it.

7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I want to get a prooflike example for less than $5k.....

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Apmex sold a MS70 PL for $4300

The entire question comes into play is when the Numistmatic valuation, due to the limited production, starts cracking due to spot price and demand in relation to the release price.

It will take time though. I've been tracking the 2009 Gold Commem and it's finally starting to fall a bit to just around $1600 from $1695 at the beginning of the year. It really hasn't moved up/down following spot but recently plunged.

Even though I would like the Palladium coin for the reverse design, I've stayed away from it due to the premium.

9. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

There's already someone offering to pay $150 over issue price for these. He only needs 10 though.

10. Ericred

Ericred Active Member

I've wanted to buy palladium but I don't know enough about the metal, I've bought platinum, silver and gold but if I can't I'd it by eye I'm a little apprehensive to buy

Draft saved Draft deleted