Anybody bought from this eBay seller?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Paul M., Dec 31, 2015.

1. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

One difference here is CNG estimates low and sells high - it is the customer who is going against the seller’s suggested price and paying more. I don’t have a problem with that; it’s the nature of auctions.

It’s a reasonable assumption that HR-LP offers discounts on fake original prices. Every single coin in his eBay store that I can find carries this discount, including coins that have been available on eBay for five minutes. I think it’s worth raising a complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission about deceptive pricing.
    https://www.lawpublish.com/ftc

Anyway, his intent to deceive is obvious to any reasonable person. If I’m wrong and the FTC reject the complaint, all that’s been lost is a few minutes of time.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    DonnaML likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

I agree. The difference is that what CNG does is legal; what Ilya does is illegal. And if any federal or state agency went after him for consumer fraud, it would be Ilya who would have to provide evidence showing that those so-called original prices were legitimate.

So: huge difference.

Alegandron and GregH like this.
  4. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

you know whats funny ?? he is last name from Russian translates like EVil , lol

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted