Anybody bought from this eBay seller?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Paul M., Dec 31, 2015.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

The car salesman pitch is a real turnoff but he does have a lot of U.S. coins that would fill holes in albums. Not surprised to hear that he generates a lot of business. And the pitch does make him stand out from other dealers, like it or not.

Paul M. and paschka like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Stick with KNOWN LEGITIMATE sources and move on headache -free....

paschka and Paul M. like this.
  4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Well, seems like the verdict is pretty much the same as for his US coin auctions. Honest coins, inflated prices. Definitely sticking (mostly) to vcoins, forvm, and CoinTalk for my ancient purchases online. :)

paschka, Jwt708 and stevex6 like this.
  5. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

My two cents - I just don't like him so I won't buy from him. He'll rip you off if he can get away with it, but settle for reasonable value for a coin if he can't. A lot of his educational videos are plagiarised straight from Wikipedia. I think he's sleazy.

Cucumbor, Paul M. and zumbly like this.
  6. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Same feeling as Greg here : just from seeing/listening to his claptrap, I have simply just never considered to even look at what he has to sell. I admit beeing probably wrong in that, but couldn't support this attitude

Q

Magnus87 and Paul M. like this.
  7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Yes.;):lurking:

Paul M. likes this.
  8. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

+1

Paul M. and Jwt708 like this.
  9. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

This seller also knocks out competitors for rare coins, he makes a false complaint about a similar rare coin and removes them from ebay.

10. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

This seller also knocks out competitors for rare coins, he makes a false complaint about a similar rare coin and removes them from ebay.

11. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

On ebay there were about 5 coins of this type on sale, the price was from $ 80-200, he removed all ads with similar coins, now only his coin is on sale, the price $318,80

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
  12. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

add
    Apparently things are going very badly for this cretin if he goes to such receptions

13. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

1) How does one get ads of competitors removed?

And

2) How do you know he’s behind it?

14. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

1.He writes that the coin is from Syria and is subject to the embargo. His coin is also from Syria and it sells without problems.
    2.There were about 5 coins of this type on sale, all of them disappeared in an instant, only his coin remained.
    3.those who had similar coins received from him an offer to buy the same coin, where he hinted at what price should be set.after his offer was ignored, all coins were removed

15. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

I wrote in support of ebey asked them a question: why the US law is extended to one, but not to others.They replied that we do not have time to view all the ads. Stupid excuse. Since many days have passed since my question.

16. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

What's more interesting about the viewed items, only his coin remained, the rest were completely removed even from the browsing history.

17. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

I described the whole situation in support of the United States to Great Britain, but they did not take action. Most likely he has a good relationship with ebay support.Unwanted products are removed without any problems so as not to create competition for this reputable seller.

18. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

I still don’t know how you know all this.

But I agree this seller cannot be trusted for the reasons mentioned in this thread.

Kentucky likes this.
  19. robp

robp Well-Known Member

This guy's a joke. $55-60 for something I would put in the trays at £5 or less. One would go in the rummage bins for a couple of quid (or maybe just 1 pound). Some for over $100 would go in the melt bag....... and then I lost the will to live looking through his list of 3000+ European coins. :(

20. VVV122

VVV122 New Member

Just logical thinking, when the search gave out 5 coins of the same type, then at the moment all the coins disappear from the search, one of them is mine, and his coin remains in the search.It becomes clear where the legs grow from.These deleted coins never appeared in the search.

21. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Out of interest, what does the law say about selling ancient coins from Syria? Lots of dealers have these in their inventories. In what jurisdictions is this illegal?

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted