Any value?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Wareagle1983, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Wareagle1983

Wareagle1983 New Member

I've had this dime for a couple years now. I've only kept it because someone said it might be worth more than a $0.10 can anybody elaborate and explain thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Unfortunately it looks like an average circulated dime. Worth $0.10. I believe that your friend might have thought this was a 1964 or early dime. Those are made of 90% silver and are worth their melt value.

One more item of advice that will be very helpful for you when looking for feedback is to try crop your photos and upload them fully into the message like this;
    IMG_3985.JPG IMG_3986.JPG
    Just go to Upload a file-->choose file-->full image (found next to thumbnail button)

I think the more experience you get photographing coins the more you will find that the quality and sharpness of the images will improve immensely :)

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Edit: I think Alurid might be right about needing sharper photos to look for possible doubling.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    tommyc03 likes this.
  4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I think you will need to post some focused photos, And post them in full size not thumbnail. The only thing I can see is some type of doubling on IGWT, but can't tell if its the photo or the coin!

Curtisimo likes this.
  5. Wareagle1983

Wareagle1983 New Member

OK. Thanks for the help yall

6. anniequilts

anniequilts Member

is that a die clash across the face? and if so, would that make it worth something?

7. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that it's just a scratch, thought it might be a die crack at first.
    There is not anything in the reverse design that would make such a straight line
    on the obverse to be a Die Clash.

8. anniequilts

anniequilts Member

I guess I meant die crack not clash - newby here - but it looks raised instead of a scratch

9. Wareagle1983

Wareagle1983 New Member

What about the 8 and N, we..?

10. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

Looks like a scratch to me. Metal moves with scratches and raised ridges are common.

It also looks to have some doubling. Probably strike/machine doubling, not hub doubling. Or maybe it's the photo?

There is a '68 DDO FS-101 but it doesn't look like this one, from the pix. And it isn't very valuable.

Worth checking out, maybe. Google it.
    Lance.

Draft saved Draft deleted