Any thoughts on the value of these?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by ldhair, Aug 2, 2019.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

These are not really my world. Any thoughts on value? Have they gone up or down in value over the past 10 years? Thanks for any help.
    8000396-o001.jpg 8000396-o002.jpg 8000396-o003.jpg 8000396-o004.jpg 8000396-o005.jpg 8000396-o006.jpg 8000396-o007.jpg

Johndoe2000$, Autoturf and paddyman98 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Interesting group if 7 consecutive numbers.
    Thanks for sharing.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice and interesting that you have 7 consecutive bills. Not sure of the value.

6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

Very nice and judging from the assigned grades there must be some decent value to them.

9. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I had almost forgotten how beautiful our currency used to be. Thanks for posting these photos. I have no experience at all collecting paper currency, though.

10. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

That's crazy to me someone would have $700 sitting just sitting there in bills. They are bills! They should be bent up in a wallet to be spent on stuff. They should be sitting in an account of some kind of earning interest or making money on the market. They are bills backed by the full faith of the US government only.

11. LA_Geezer

Speaking from experience, many retail establishments will not accept these older bills. I had a $10 from this era that was refused at three stores so I had to take it to my bank to deposit it in my account. The bank WOULD NOT exchange this bill for another because it was not current.

12. myownprivy

A bank must accept them. A retailer has no obligation.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  13. LA_Geezer

They deposited as I said; they would not, however, exchange it for a modern bill. They wanted a record so that the $10 could be deducted from my account if it turned out to be counterfeit. You must understand that most bank employees these days don't know the difference between Polish and polish.

14. myownprivy

Is that because they are edited

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  15. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

16. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

They are what's called collectables and should be worth more than face value between the quality, and the consecutive numbers. I have no idea the value though.

17. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Very nice notes!

Numerous websites pointed out the value of $175+ for 1934B notes in uncirc. condition.
    So, I don't think you would have difficulty getting even more than that sum (because those websites didn't state specific grades in correlation to prices) for each of your notes if you want to sell them.

Here, a note identical to yours sold for $240:

https://www.icollector.com/Fr-2154-J-100-1934B-Federal-Reserve-Note-PMG_i7974175

It's hard to find notes similar to yours on ebay, however, here's a non-graded, circulated example that sold:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-b-100-One-Hundred-Dollar-Bill-Kansas-City-MARGIN-ERROR-make-us-an-offer-/372669596877?hash=item56c4d6c4cd:g:4xoAAOSwB4ha7Lar&nma=true&si=Fe2MTSK4u7yyJYSlaOSGT1p02Js%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Altogether, I think that each note would be able to realize at least $200.

I would try listing one note, and see how it sold.

18. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

According to this website, it would have been wiser to spend these bills in 1934 than hold onto them. Crazy to think of the buying power these had back then. http://www.in2013dollars.com/1934-dollars-in-2017

19. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Exactly! In the 1930s/1940s you could place a significant down payment on a house with that type of money.

Ima Dragon and Seattlite86 like this.
  20. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Considering the condition, and using $175 as a base, $250 each might be reasonable.

21. kevin McGonigal

kevin McGonigal Well-Known Member

What is interesting is that you could have bought more, a lot more in in 1934 with these bills that you can today. In that sense, buying power, they are a bad investment. Putting away and preserving seven Walking Liberty 50 cent pieces would have made more sense. Never save a paper dollar.

Ima Dragon and Seattlite86 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted