Any Suggestions for coins website ???

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Gallienus, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

I'm updating my coins and history website from hand coded html to WordPress. The home and map pages I've redone. However all of the detailed coin displays by country use these html coded Tables.

This is an example.
    [​IMG]
    link is here: http://coinsandhistory.com/countries/Peru_1.html

The 1st column has coin pix, the 2nd col has coin notes, & the 3rd column has historical or event notes.

However Tables are old fashioned & I'd like to come up with a new format since I'm redoing all the pages anyway. Is this the best format? Are there any suggestions for a new format? Thanks very much for any help. Yes I did Google "best coins websites" but am tired of going thru all those sites selling 1996 US silver eagle rounds.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thepersonman

thepersonman collecter of coins

for buying coins or info?

4. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

I agree it's hard to come up with an interesting design for such things. For what it's worth, here's how I laid out some medals - http://www.go-fast.org/exonumia/
    I'm not claiming it's the best layout ever, but just something else for you to look at that might get you out of the rows and columns of the table.

5. Gallienus

for info nothing is bought or sold here.

6. thepersonman

7. thepersonman

8. Gallienus

Hi Dave M., Thanks for the suggestion. I like your format. I think perhaps I'll try it on a few pages and maybe try the tables for some other pages and see what people prefer/ works best.

You have a nice collection of French medals with a good historical writeup on each. I did try unsucessfully to buy a French medal about 2 years ago. This may have been announcing the birth of Louis XVII and featured Marie Antoinette. When I tell people I've a collection of French coins they always ask for her.

9. Gallienus

Thanks for comments. To close, I've decided to keep the table design and am trying to move things into Wordpress. I think there's a plugin called TablePress that will help with this. Unfortunately many WordPress apps target sites where you have only have 5 very different pix to deal with.

They always show: a pair of sneakers, a girl in a bikini, a volkswagon car, a cat, & a house on the beach. I guess that's what everybody blogs about.

People in the Wordpress community are surprised that I have many pix of coins that I need to display.

Draft saved Draft deleted