ANY PREMIUM VALUE to a 1974 $50 In Near Perfect shape ?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by goldcollector, Jul 20, 2010.

1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I found a $50 bill from series 1974 and its in pretty much perfect shape. Looks like a brand new bill. Crisp, 4 sharp corners, no folds. Very nice and its 36 years old.

Would this have any value over $50 ?

Thanks In advance for any input

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Fifty

Fifty Master Roll Searcher

If I had to guess you might be able to get a dealer to pay $55-60 for it, on a good day, and if they didn't have any in inventory. Alot of currencey collectors probably have one of these and they aren't in high demand. I've got alot of crisp notes pulled from circuation as far back as 1934. The value on these isn't all that high. Currency collecting is expensive unless you have alot of money. Almost 20 years ago I worked in a large retail store. The store paid wages in cash. If a customer paid with a high value note and I didn't have the money in my pocket to buy it I would attach a note to it and ask to be paid with it. Eventually I moved into the office and started processing checks, rolling coins, and strapping bills. There was more stuff that came through than I could afford to buy. I eventually only bought notes that in extremely good shape, and of course silver coin. I should have taken the notes to a dealer and sold/traded them for gold. I'd have alot more money now.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Unfortunatley it would have to be something special, a standard one wouldnt bring a premium

5. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

What is the note's Serial Number and District?

RickieB

6. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

If it's an E district note I may be interested in it :)

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

A pic would help! Try photobucket.com its free

8. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Thanks,

Its B district New York

I will post the whole serial number later tonight when I get home.

I didnt figure it was really worth much, I will keep it in my collection anyway.

Thanks for responses

9. Lorraine Bannarn

Lorraine Bannarn New Member

D27471648A

10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

7 year old post.
    Try starting a new one if you have a question.

SteveInTampa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted