Any other Burnished Silver Eagle collectors out there?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Yankee42, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

I haven't really checked out the Mint's product schedule in a while so I was pleasantly surprised to see an email this morning that my enrollment is being processed.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I have the 2006W, 2007W and 2008W but that is as far as I went.

Chris

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I order a few every year. I've got all that were offered by the mint.......

5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Yes, I collect the burnished ASE's. I generally have them in OGP. I have a subscription for 2 each year.

6. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

I collect burnished gold and silver coins. I also bought mint annual 6 coin uncirculated dollar set. Those include presidential dollar coins.

7. athrose

athrose Member

Have all that have been produced in both OGP and the occasional slab. These compliment my complete proof and mint state collection. Working on the gold burnished set, but that is proving to be a little bit more difficult.

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

9. onecenter

onecenter Member

I have purchased each one as they have been made available. All are kept in the OGPs.

10. Yankee42

I love them. I even got a good deal on the 2008 Reverse of 2007 in OGP recently.

JPeace$ and green18 like this.
  11. green18

That's one I need but have been unable to justify the asking price. Still, one will come in at the right price one day.

12. Yankee42

I was able to get one for $360. It is a lot but quite a bit less than they're going for on eBay.

green18 likes this.
  13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Like the "ZOMBIE" that I am I have a standing subscription for these over priced "W" coins in hopes that I get some type of SAE error.

$40 for a coin which is literally impossible to identify until you see the MintMark.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this entire collection but it seems that they get more and more expensive as each year passes.

In 2006, Silver was about $12 an ounce and the 2006-W coin only cost $19.95
    In 2007, Silver was about $15 an ounce and the price went up to $21.95
    In 2008, Silver was about $20 an ounce and the price jumped to $25.95

Today, Silver is struggling at $17 an ounce yet the coin is priced at $39.95? I've never felt more like a worm on a hook than when I think about this price.

Now, what REALLY hurts is when your subscription is processed for 10 coins at $60.95 per coin and then later in the year, the US Mint drops the price to $55.95 or $44.95 for the same exact coin.

That was the year I lowered my Subscription from 10 coins to only 3.

green18 likes this.
  14. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

I very foolishly have to get one of these Burnished Eagles each year. Same with the Zombucks™. And Silver Proof State Quarter sets.

15. 19Lyds

Well, despite our differences in the past, we seem to have similar annual objectives!
    I used to buy into the Silver Quarters but dropped that in 2010.

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I still buy into the Silver Proof Set. I'm not sure why, but I've got them on subscription and don't plan to end it.

17. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

I am convinced we never had any differences. Tone is lost on the internet and will probably contribute to WW3.

On the matter of my annuals, it is funny, those things I listed are complete outliers to what I consider my "collection" but I feel compelled to buy the every year (and quarterly on the Zombucks™)

18. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

sure do got my 2015W today 2015 ASE Dansco.JPG

green18 likes this.
  19. green18

Nice to know I wasn't the only one burnt that year.........:)

20. 19Lyds

I was upset since that was the very first year that they started messing with the prices. Either Up or Down.

21. green18

Amen brother........

Draft saved Draft deleted