any one used providentmetals ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by enochian, Aug 20, 2012.

1. enochian

enochian silver eater

theres alot of cool cheap stuff most silver 1 oz lots are only like 1.00 over melt ect
    babrber quarters standing liberty walking liberty and older ect.

the only problem is more then half of what they have listed is out of stock is this normal?

everything i seen that i wanted was out of stock its crazy

and also what is the shiping price

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverForLife

SilverForLife Member

Provident Metals is excellent! The silver 1oz World coins are cool and a great deal.:hail:

4. enochian

enochian silver eater

i only want american

5. SilverForLife

SilverForLife Member

Ok, they are good also in ASE and USA private silver rounds. I can get local ASE for abou the same cost w/o s&h.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

7. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

They are 1 of the best. Their coins prices and shipping prices are some of the lowest in the business, relatively speaking.

8. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

I agree I have heard good things about them.

However, if you are lookoing for things like barbers go to a local coin show. THe prices nowadays here for barbers are at melt. You can always go, look around, and pick them up locally and avoid shipping sharges altogether. Plus, you get to see them first, and maybe look at some other coins. :)

9. Great company, site. Use them a lot. The prices you see for sold out items are likely the price of the item when last in stock which may be more or less than what it would currently sell for on their site if they had it in inventory. TC

10. enochian

enochian silver eater

what does this mean

[h=2]Market Loss Policy[/h]
    When purchasing from Provident, once Your order is confirmed with a confirmation number, the price for the product(s) included in Your confirmed order (the “Confirmed Purchase Price”) is established for You. You cannot cancel the confirmed order. However, at any time after Your confirmed order has been paid, but before it has been shipped, the Confirmed Purchase Price may be offset (product sold back to Provident) at Provident’s lowest asking price on the day that Provident receives Your written request for such an offsetting transaction (the “Offset Amount”). An email from the email address in your account information will be accepted as a written request. If payment in full for Your confirmed order is not postmarked within 1 business day after Your order is confirmed for Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order transactions, or received within 1 business day after Your order is confirmed for Bank Wire transactions, Your confirmed order may be offset and the Offset Amount will be determined as of the last day upon which payment would have been timely. If the Offset Amount is less than the Confirmed Purchase Price, such deficiency is your responsibility, and You shall remain liable to Provident for that amount. For any offsetting transaction, a $35 administrative fee will be charged to You and Provident shall have no liability to You for the product(s) included in Your confirmed order. Any market gain on any offsetting transactions shall remain the sole property of Provident.

11. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

It means they have a policy in place to prevent people from being able to game them. You have to have something in place or people will game you, (ie cancel orders if the market goes down the next day, but keep orders if it goes up). If a firm did not have such a policy they would either have to raise prices across the board, or go out of business.

I don't blame them for having such a policy, as I believe its prudent.

12. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

Provident is awesome. Many orders from them, always get quality product in a timely fashion at a fair market price.

13. enochian

enochian silver eater

I dont think theres any coin shows around me

14. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I have bought a fair amount of ASE's from them when silver was lower in price. Fast prompt safe shipping! I will buy from them again. :yes:

2012 Bullion ASEs_100_3133 (600 x 450).jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted