Any known 2014-D Lincoln penny errors?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by lukeauggie, Oct 13, 2014.

1. lukeauggie

lukeauggie Member

OK I went to the bank to get a box of pennies to look through as I recover from surgery. Well almost all the coins are 2014-D(a few coins from each roll are older dates). Is there any known errors reported yet on the 2014-D? I am sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find thread. I went to a few websites that have a Coneca Master list, but it hasn't been updated since March.

Thank you in advance,

Luke

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Errors are possible with any date. As for varieties, I haven't heard about any for 2014-D, just 2014-P's.

jallengomez likes this.
  4. ameliac

ameliac New Member

I personally just found a 2014 D Lincoln penny where the 4 & 1 on the date are upside down and transposed. Any idea on value?

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

ameliac - start your own thread with pictures and people will be happy to help you out :)

6. WilliamGates

WilliamGates New Member

Do these errors make the coin more valuable or less valuable? It would seem to me that a defect would take away from a coins value.

7. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I don't know of any errors on any Denver shield cents. It sucks because the mixed rolls I'm getting from the bank are at least 40% shield cents. I don't even bother looking at them some days.

8. Sethryan

Sethryan New Member

I found a 2014 d penny that looks normal on the face and a brass color on the back. It's a slightly different color but idk what could have caused this color change. You can look at other penny's like it and see the difference clearly..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  9. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

Sethryan
    start your own thread with pictures and people will be happy to help you out :)

10. october

october New Member

I Have just found a 2014 D penny with at least 3 errors so far Im so excited about my find .Off center the metal is over the rim its double stamped Im very new to coin collecting and this penny is way different in all areas!Great find !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. griseria gonzalez

griseria gonzalez New Member

Yo tengo el centavo Que Tiene el error es 4 y 1 es querer decir tiene un uno sobre el cuatro por favor responderme al griseriag@ gmail.con

12. Anthony1966

Anthony1966 New Member

Where are all the pics on these errors??

13. Dash

Dash Active Member

I'd recommend you take a look at variety vista.com they have a lot of Errors coins that doesn't even show in my books

Draft saved Draft deleted