Any interest in the 5 star general coins? Here is an article from MNB Images included

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Danr, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Danr

Danr Numismatist

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Is it just me, or does the "Omar Bradley" sketch look exactly like Ron Paul??? Weird.

I think the US Mint needs to find a topic other than the military to commemorate. This is just another of a long line of uninspired and boring designs commemorating military related topics.

:dead-horse:

4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah I was reading about those a couple of days ago. I would buy a MacArthur but I would pass on the others. MacArthur's the man and was one of our last war heros!! :thumb:

Attached Files:

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

6. The reason i think these leaders are on these coins is to remind some that the only reason you are here and have the right to disagree about this issue is because of the great men and women you see on them today.
    This is a way america has of showing off its great leaders to others and i myself am proud to see them on a coin that everyone will see as long as our goverment will let us keep real money to use for our debts.
    Prehaps when the coin gives way to the plastic then you will see something you like more on them the plastic money.

7. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Only if there is a low mintage and profit potential

8. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

The last war that had anything to do with protecting Americans was World War 2, unfortunately America has become the aggressive fascists in recent years.

Very sad to see and I certainly hope we can turn things around before its too late. Piling up enemies by interfering in others business is a surefire way to destroy an empire.

9. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

You're dam right, I'm proud as well. These 5 star generals had bravery on their side and we're all very fortunate they did. I am thrilled to death that MacArthur is getting his own coin. Anyone know when they're gonna be sold??

10. Danr

Danr Numismatist

no date given but it will be in 2013- probably Spring

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Military stuff is popular.

12. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Excellent choice for this coin!!!!

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Draft saved Draft deleted