Any info or interest on this coin?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by classywenz, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Got kinda quiet here in CT land when you dropped Fred’s name.
    Welcome aboard Classy

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

In hind site everything is 2020.
    Fred is a member here, and most likely he is away at a show, or needed the weekend off.
    Welcome to CT.. You came to the right place.
    It is not always like this, seems tempers got flared, then folks started pointing fingers. It is not always like this, and whether some folks like it or not we are a big family. Thanks for hanging out and making it to the end of your first thread.

Phil

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Welcome to CT.
    We have fun here. Sometimes too much.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  5. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

I read “interested in it” as finding it interesting. I can see where one might think it was available for acquisition as well. For different reasons a lot of responders here assume that questions have a hidden agenda aimed at getting rich or at least richer based on finding a coin. The primary reason for that assumption is because so many people ARE profit driven and that’s just human nature.

6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Yeah, I though it was a "profit driven" statement as the title had an "or" in it as if anyone had interest in buying it ... "Any info or interest on this coin?" so I originally just skipped it.

... interpretation of the brevity of written word ...

Pickin and Grinin, ldhair and frankjg like this.
  7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yeah, this thread is looking less like an error/PMD discussion and more like a proctology seminar...

8. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

It's pretty common, I like Buffalo's don't get me wrong. My coin shop down the street has a box of 200 of these for 75 cents.

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Yeah the last thing I want to imagine is a guy named Bernie bent over,
    Thanks for the visual.:hilarious:

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

EACH, I assume. I'll buy even beat-up Jeffersons at 200 for 75 cents... :rolleyes:

11. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I think it's a dropped letter. If Fred Weinberg comes in here he'll be able to tell you for sure.

12. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

That thought had crossed my mind, but I know next to nothing about such. I'm thinking usually a dropped letter on the obverse would come from the lettering on the obverse die?

To the OP, is this a Denver mint coin ( D on reverse at bottom)?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  13. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

@Fred Weinberg

14. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

You can also contact @mikediamond. He's an expert on error coins and writes a weekly article on error coins for Coin World magazine. Gives excellent information, just like Fred. :)

15. MK Ultra

MK Ultra Well-Known Member

As a fellow new member, I was taken aback by some of the comments written.

I think there is too much projection here.

I had posted a thread about some currency I had bought and didn't get the same reaction, I wonder if it's b/c not as many people visit the paper money section, thread has 133 views though.

I hear lots of talk about the hobby needing new members, and yet when they come, they get this? Gee no wonder. This board does seem to get the most activity, so I guess one must take the good with the bad, but really,

Lighten.jpg

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I adore you just cuz your such a honest soul. Your one in a 1964d cent mintage.

Heavymetal likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

Pictures please

18. Cheech9712

Andy. Don't blow up. I've been a cointalk troll for maybe a few years. Frank only said what aplenty of members said about directing a person to what might of been an offer for a sale. With classy being a new member i found this just information. Frank gets a pass on this one. For all that have mentioned for someone to start a new thread and not hijack anothers thread case the first stone. I didn't read into this as thumping a newbe or rude. IMHO

Kentucky likes this.
  19. Cheech9712

Lol

Kentucky likes this.
  20. Cheech9712

Thanks. My head spuned on her reply

21. Cheech9712

Tact. I agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted