Any Ideas on this 1984 Memorial Cent?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Dorian Thomas, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Dorian Thomas

Dorian Thomas New Member

Found this last night while looking through a bunch of coins. Limited knowledge on coins. I've just recently started to look and pay attention to the coins I come across. Any help, advice, ideas, or opinions, would be extremely helpful and much appreciated! Thanks all! 20201202_082539.jpg 20201202_082447.jpg 20201202_082402.jpg 20201202_082219.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

First of all, WELCOME ! Secondly, I'm not seeing much except maybe die deterioration .

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Worn die strike on both sides.
    Nothing major.

Lawtoad and SensibleSal66 like this.
  5. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Pretty nice condition for it's age though.

6. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

Usually that kind of "wear" is above the bus of pluribus and over the S of A (states of america) .....my experience...

7. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

Usually this wear is above the "bus" of PLURIBUS and covering the s of a (States of America)...my experience...

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @Dorian Thomas. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here that can be very helpful, especially to new collectors. If you follow this forum for a little while, you can learn a lot.
    Advice to new collectors are usually, "Buy the Red Book," for the information on U.S. coins (ignore the prices. They are already out of date). Never clean a coin. Handle it by the edges to prevent fingerprints. And when you have questions you'd like answered, post good Full Image photos here with clear questions. Good Luck

My usual post about posting photos:
    You should always post in focus FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and is easily enlarged by clicking on it). Photograph coins on neutral backgrounds like black, grey, or white. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows, and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. While it isn’t always necessary, it is nice to show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just minted from a worn die, so it's normal. Welcome to CT.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  10. Newbie69

Newbie69 Doesn't make cents!

Draft saved Draft deleted