Any idea how much these are worth help

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Larry E, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Larry E

Larry E Well-Known Member

I was ask to give someone a fair price for these help please 1581646466073885098917.jpg 1581646532635466949998.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Hi Larry, I think you might have posted in the wrong board.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

You will probably get more replies in the US coins forum. Some members are "Low Ball" collectors and some may be willing to give you a decent price.

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I initially moved these to "What's It Worth", since that seems to be the primary question.

They are of course US coins, so I have now moved them again to the US Coins forum, just on the off chance they'll get a better response here. They did not belong on the Ancients board.

Larry E and thomas mozzillo like this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

The 1857 and 1876-S quarters are both common dates and very heavily worn. They grade somewhere in the vicinity of the lowest two grades on the Sheldon scale: Poor (PO1) and Fair (FR2).

Priceguide listings begin two points higher, at G4, so yours are off the bottom of the chart, so to speak. In G4, they would be $23-25-ish coins. As-is, they're worth essentially just the price of the silver melt value (about $3.20 each as I type this). However, being Seated Liberty quarters with readable dates, they should fetch more than melt. Figure $6-10 each.

http://www.coinprices.org/cgi/usrar...e=any&searchtext=fmv&search4=any&proof=&plus=

The 1877 half dollar is a little better, grading in my opinion at AG3, but quite near G4. It lists on Numismedia for $43 in G4. Yours is not quite there, so figure $25-35 on that one.

http://www.numismedia.com/rarecoinp...e=any&searchtext=fmv&search4=any&proof=&plus=

If someone offers you fifty bucks for the three of them, take it. And I wouldn't take less than $35-40 for them.

7. Larry E

Larry E Well-Known Member

Ok thanks

8. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I would say $30 for the batch. The half is too damaged and worn and not rare enough to get any kind of book value.

Larry E likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

They are too worn to be of any real value and in my area I could pick these up from a coin dealer for $20.00.

Larry E likes this.
  10. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

+1. My closest dealer would ask melt + 10 or 20%.

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted