Any help with this 2009 series 1$ Bill.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JorjeFresco64, Feb 17, 2019.

1. JorjeFresco64

JorjeFresco64 Member

How come this 2009 Series 1$ Bill looks like it was printed on old paper money. It's the same color as a few 1957 Series 1$ silver certificates I gave to my dad. And why.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Looks like the bill has been really busy is all. Maybe it's a bingo hall dollar, idk. :D

JorjeFresco64 likes this.
  4. JorjeFresco64

JorjeFresco64 Member

Ok I thought I'd just ask because I've heard of some 2009 series Poppin up with silver certificates also. So I thought maybe it didn't get it but maybe it was printed on the old paper.. instead of the new that was all. It looks like it. Thank you definitely. Also this other one I have it in the link also I have.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No.. I dont think that's possible. The BEP does not reuse old currency in that manner.
    Where did you hear this?

Your dollar bill has just been circulated well.

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Ther are a few Good Tube videos about money.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I have old, heavily used bills look like that.

It's a cotton paper fabric. It gets worn over time. Most of the time when it gets worn banks remove them from circulation and they get replaced. So many times people don't see the more heavily worn bills, so when one see's one they think something is wrong or an error, etc. But it's just a heavily worn bill which probably would get removed from circulation next time it hits the bank.

I keep all my ones until they get to $100 and I turn them in for 20s or 50s. So I see and sort through all my ones. I see a lot of worn 1s and other bills. One just has to pay attention more.

Think of what happens to money. You find it on the ground, wet, dirty, stained, etc etc. That can change the color of money. How many ppl used that bill ... did all of them have perfectly totally cleansed hands?
    how does anything get crinkled and torn like that ?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just a very heavily worn bill.

9. JorjeFresco64

JorjeFresco64 Member

Yes I didn't think about that one. Thank you very much for that. I appreciate that 1.

10. JorjeFresco64

JorjeFresco64 Member

Ok, I just seen a few all over Google from 2009 series that we're printed wrong. But now I know it's just a really used dollar bill. Thank you very much. Appreciate that.

11. JorjeFresco64

JorjeFresco64 Member

I always like watching videos like this it's very interesting. Thank you for this. It's pretty cool.

12. JorjeFresco64

JorjeFresco64 Member

Ya that's true. Money gets roughed up in a bingo hall. They go through a lot.

13. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Just a heavily circulated banknote- as it has minor pieces missing. I come across 1990s $1 notes looking like that all the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted