Any collectors of Imperial Russian Coins here??

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Rhino89, Oct 13, 2010.

1. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Can't see it being any higher than 5 dollars even factoring in the generous silver price and it being struck overseas. It's the wear that brings the price down unfortunately.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rhino89

Rhino89 "Roubles"

New purchases...

The 1861 silver kopek would safely go for about $3-5, I haven't seen them sell for more than $7 because of condition issues. But in XF+, I've seen some like a 20 Kopek 186_ with amazing toning go for $115+.

Finally got around to scanning some new purchases:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And still waiting on a shipment of these :hail: :
    [​IMG]

4. zantetsuken

zantetsuken Junior Member

Russia is one area I focus on (both imperial and Soviet issues). Here are few I have from Russia proper.

[​IMG]

NOVGOROD (REPUBLIC)~AR Denga 1447-1478 AD

[​IMG]

RUSSIA (MUSOVY)~AR Kopek 1613-1645

[​IMG]

RUSSIA~AR Kopek CS=1698

[​IMG]

RUSSIAN EMPIRE~Coronation Ruble 1883

[​IMG]

RUSSIAN EMPIRE~Coronation Ruble 1896

[​IMG]

RUSSIAN EMPIRE~Jubilee Ruble 1913

[​IMG]

RUSSIAN EMPIRE~15 Kopek 1917

The next three are from Siberia.

[​IMG]

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~Polushka 1774

[​IMG]

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~1 Kopek 1774

[​IMG]

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~10 Kopek 1781

5. zantetsuken

The next four are from Moldavia & Wallachia, and Armavir. Coins from Moldavia & Wallachia were struck from the copper of captured Turkish canons

[​IMG]

MOLDAVIA & WALLACHIA~1 Para/3 Dengi 1772 (Large Crown)

[​IMG]

MOLDAVIA & WALLACHIA~2 Para/3 Kopek 1773

The next two coins are from Armavir. These were token coins issued in 1918 during the Russian Civil War. Both bear the double-headed eagle without the crown and stripped of all it's regalia.

[​IMG]

ARMAVIR (MUNICIPAL)~3 Kopek 1918

[​IMG]

ARMAVIR (MUNICIPAL)~5 Kopek 1918

6. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

These coins from Armavir are very rare and expensive. A standard price in Russia is about 350-400$ for piece (XF and higher).

7. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I like the:SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~1 Kopek 1774
    They look like the 5 Kopek's.
    Are those very expensive?

8. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Very nice coins Zantetsuken. I still don't have an Armavir coin. Still looking for it as well as Tannu Tuva coinage.

Duke, Siberian coin price vary according to denomination, year and condition. In general, 10 kopek coins are easiest and the polushka being the toughest would be quite pricey.

Basok's site might give you a better idea of the prices: http://www.rustypennies.com/catalog/imperial_coins.html
    Try to look under 1760-80s and you get my point.

You guys love challenges. I'll have to start looking for tougher coins now. I have a couple of tougher coins that just came in recently - 1771 3 dengi trial coin and 1762 Peter III 2 kopek (extremely low grade). Also bought 1762 Peter III 10 kopek. Don't have photos of these ones since I moved recently and don't have a camera handy.

Will be posting some of the tougher ones when I get the time.

9. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Tougher coins that don't show up these days:

1728 kopek:
    [​IMG]

1730 ruble double struck unfortunately holed:
    [​IMG]

1731 denga over 1724 kopek which is rare:
    [​IMG]

1757 kopek over Swedish 1 ore
    [​IMG]

1795/88 kopek (Moscow mint) over 1762 1 kopek
    [​IMG]
    Still need to research about this corroded piece. I have 1795 MM 2 kopek over 1773 2para-3dengi as well

1798 poltina
    [​IMG]
    Mad insane - try and look it up. Also have a polupoltinnik of the same year but it's ugly.

1802 2 kopek
    [​IMG]

1804 polupoltinnik
    [​IMG]

10. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

The rest are a bit on the nicer pieces:

1827 25 kopek
    [​IMG]
    Relatively nice but ruined by a couple of solder marks

1834 Column ruble
    [​IMG]
    Proof coin unfortunately cleaned

1834 10 kopek
    [​IMG]

1835 1.5ruble/10zlot
    [​IMG]

1854 ruble
    [​IMG]

1863/1 5 kopek
    [​IMG]

1883 coronation ruble
    [​IMG]

Think that's pretty much the highlight of some of my tougher coins. :) Some of my newer coins aren't photographed yet.

11. zantetsuken

Thanks 'gxseries'. The Siberian Polushka was the most difficult to aquire among the Siberian coins. I still have yet to aquire the Denga for this series. Most of the Polushkas that I encounter look very rough or worn, but this one is pretty decent. The 2 Para/3 Kopek Sadagura aren't so difficult to find in low grade, but in high grade or mint condition, is another story entirely. These are extremely rare in this grade. Except for the scars from the mount marks, this specimen is as close to mint grade that I've encountered yet. Armavir coinage, as 'Siberian Man' said are extremely rare, with the 5 Ruble being the rarest. Fate threw me a bone with this one about two years ago when I my 5 Ruble at a very reasonable price. The problem with Armavir coins is that you run into alot of fakes for these, especially the 1 Ruble. Fortunately most of the 1 Ruble fakes are very easy to spot, as they are ugly, and crude. I do actually have one coin from Tannu Tuva thats been in my collection for about fifteen years in the amount of 15 Kopek. Tuva coins are probably almost as rare as Armavir coins.

[​IMG]

TANNU TUVA~15 Kopek 1934

12. Siberian Man

About 50-60$, I suppose. Rare condition for a coins of this type.

13. Siberian Man

One rouble of Nocolas II, 1896. Legend: "God bless Nicolas II - Emperor & owner of the whole Russia. Coronation in Moskow, 1896".

14. Siberian Man

A 15-kopeks coin of Tuva is a rather rare coin. I saw only one coin of this type (for 135$).

15. zantetsuken

Wow! $135? That's a steal for these coins. Usually they go for at least twice that amount (at least). I bought this before the price explosion. I'm sure glad I did. :D

16. Rhino89

Rhino89 "Roubles"

Doesn't fit into the "imperial" period, but just wanted to share a recent purchase...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1921 Rouble, with really nice toning :smile

17. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Nice coin. Bare hands touching it. YIKES!

18. Rhino89

Rhino89 "Roubles"

I know, I tried to snap the pictures as fast as I could! No worries, it is back in a case and is well protected. There was no other way to catch the toning.

19. Siberian Man

One rouble 1921, silver .900, weight - 19,996 g., mintage - 1000000. Mintmaster A.F. Hartman. Value about 65$ in this grade.

20. Rhino89

Rhino89 "Roubles"

You think the toning will give it any more of a premium above $65? This is the first toned 1921 Rouble I've seen, most of the time they are just solid silver/grey.

21. Siberian Man

I suppose that this coin is UNC. And it's value maybe above 65$ in USA.

Draft saved Draft deleted