Any collectors of Imperial Russian Coins here??

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Rhino89, Oct 13, 2010.

1. irina59

irina59 New Member

it was the though, that Sibyria was defeated by Ermak in end XVI, :confused:
    he and his team got killed , but they capture Han in 1582 took him to Moscow ( long story,I do not go there)
    however, after all long history, I just want to point to one thing,
    in Russian upper level, people close to royalty family never were any family from Sibirya.
    Sibyria never accepted power of Russia and never try to get in.
    Russia try to colonizes Sibyria, small team were all over country- missioners , they try
    convert to Christianity, against the will.:devil:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. irina59

irina59 New Member

it's not wonder,that war Russia-Sibyria was coming, and Russia was, getting ready for that ( Sibyrian coins were important part of plan)
    like I said in beginning, here a lot of questions about Sibyria.:confused:

4. irina59

irina59 New Member

5. irina59

irina59 New Member

1860 set UNC
    sorry, photo not so great.:eek:

Attached Files:

• kop.jpg
      kop.jpg
      File size:
      122.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2kop.jpg
      2kop.jpg
      File size:
      168.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3kop.jpg
      3kop.jpg
      File size:
      218.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5kop.jpg
      5kop.jpg
      File size:
      132.5 KB
      Views:
  6. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

No no... I'm talking about books about Russian coinage, not Russian history. There are plenty of books on history; I've read a few. Russian history can be pretty spicy. Eventful.

Can anyone recommend any good books on Russian coinage ?

7. irina59

irina59 New Member

check my post before ,
    they all are catalogs :)

8. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

I can't agree with an opinion that in XVIIIth century Russia prepared to war against Siberia. It's a big mistake. We (Siberians) struggled agains muslims from south (Kirghizes) and Tartars. But it was in XVIIth century. My hometown Tomsk was the frontier fort between Russians and muslims from south. Tomsk in XVII th century - was like Texas in the first half of XIXth century.

9. irina59

irina59 New Member

I don't think you can compare Sibyria,that you are from , with Sibyria in XVI-XVII.
    Same about Russia, and probably about any country in world.
    everything is change for last 100-200-300 years.
    I would like to hear from you more, than just you are agree, or not, support your opinion with historical fact or theory , not emotions. :yes:
    Like I said in beginning a lot of questions, secrets, and politics and everything else.
    This is not clear color white and black, truthfully I do not really have answers for any of this questions, and I study history about Sibyria a little bit.:)

10. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Well I think a Siberian is an Alaskan with out money...
    [​IMG]

11. Siberian Man

O.K. I'm ready to tell about Siberian history a several interesting facts. Siberia was conquered by Golden Orda in the XIVth century. After that Siberian tribes was suffered indignity during a several centuries.
    In 1364 Novgorod's troops visited Siberia but didn't founded any colonies.
    In 1483 Ioann III (Great Prince of Moscow and a whole Russia) directed his military troops in Siberia. Russians won the small war against Asik the Prince (he was the prince of the Vogoolian tribes) and Moldan the Prinse (he was the prince of Ugorian tribes). After that Ioann III got the new title "Ugorian, Kondinian & Obdorian Prince".
    But in 1500 Tartares make their own state in Siberia - it was Siberian khanate.

12. Siberian Man

In 1555 Siberian chan Ediger became a vassal of Russia. But in 1563 he was murdered by Kuchum (tartar), which usurped the power in khanate. He tried to make Siberia as islamic state. In 1573 Kuchum has attacked the Russian settlements which were settling down in Ural Mountains.
    In 1579 about 500 Russian cossacs arrived in the Ural Mountains to protect Russian settlers. At 1 September 1581 that cossacs went on the Siberian khanate's land. Ermak was the ruler of cossacs.

13. Siberian Man

During the next 20 years Russian cossacs (and other Russian troops) struggled for Siberia against Kuchum's tartares and won the war. At the end of XVIth century first Russian towns of Siberia was founded.
    At summer 1604 was founded Tomsk - town, where I was born and living now. During the XVIIth century Russians founded many towns and settlements in Siberia.
    Russian settlers often were exposed to attacks of Moslems from the south; especially often Moslems troops attacked Tomsk (which those years was a small fort).
    So we 're can see that the History of development of Siberia is similar to history of conquest of the Wild West. And even tribes with which we were at war, were ethnically close to the American Indians.
    The difference consisted that Russian married women from the Siberian tribes, and Americans avoided to marry on Indean woman (as I know).
    Absence of slavery in Siberia was one more difference. All Siberians were free citizens.
    In the beginning of the XVIIIth century Siberia became the calm territory of Russia.

14. Siberian Man

But would be an error to consider that we, Russian Siberians, are identical to our Russian colleagues living in the European part of Russia.
    Our ancestors always were free citizens. Therefore, Siberians traditionally differ bent for to freedom. Our ancestors always were free citizens. The mentality of Siberians is close to mentality of Texans, as I suppose.

15. Siberian Man

This is a famous picture of the Russian painter Surikov: "Ermak conquer Siberia".

Attached Files:

16. irina59

irina59 New Member

well agree on this one, that I try to tell you in previously posts.

17. gomez99

gomez99 New Member

Hello, I ran into this forum/thread while searching the net. I happen to have an odin poltinnik/half rubla from 1925, which should be silver, but is gilded yellow. I learned here about toning - first time I heard of it, of course, I am not a collector.
    Is this the case? Who/why would do this to a coin which seems to me quite common?

Attached Files:

18. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Thanks for sharing. I have a nearby store that last year had 4 5-Kopek, I think - large copper coins ---
    from EII I think for sale, but I couldn't find out things on the internet to give me enough confidence to buy them. I have a book in Russian language on Russian America, which is about the settlement at Fort Ross and all. Interesting, but I still don't have enough good knowledge of Russian to really understand it. Luckily there's pictures, too.

I have a few Russian coins as well as some paper rubles from about 5 years ago, and also a 5 ruble note like the one posted here on the first page..

19. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Here's a rather tough one in any condition:

[​IMG]

20. Siberian Man

Mr. Gomez.
    You have a genuine coin. This yellow color is a patina.

21. gomez99

gomez99 New Member

thank you. I am quite astounded by this golden patina, never saw something like it. I have some other silver coins, but they have the usual grey/black patina.

Draft saved Draft deleted