Any ancient guys want to help me out and take me under there wing

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by enochian, Aug 20, 2013.

1. enochian

enochian silver eater

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. enochian

enochian silver eater

4. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

I merely use PVC-free pages, which come with varying pocket-sizes (for the drastically varying sizes associated with Greek and Roman ancients coins) ... and then I tuck all of these pages in a series of typical 3-ring binders ... this allows me to print-out photos and/or pages of info associated with each coin and then tuck this info into the the binder directly with each coin (it makes finding the coins and referencing the coin-info very easy and efficient) .... finally, I use coloured tab-seperators, so I can easily flip-through the binders and loctae the individual coins (NOTE => I keep an index-page in the front of each binder, so I can quickly locate my coins) ..... ummm, maybe it seems like a bit of a hassle setting it up, but trust me => it is a pleasure to view and reference my coins!!

store a.jpg store b.jpg store c.jpg

..... oh, and then I stick all of the binders into a huge, five hundred pound, fire-proof, bolted-to-the-floor, gun-safe!!

store d.jpg

... it works well for "me" anyway!!

CoinMike747, chrsmat71 and Windchild like this.
  5. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

6. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Btw OP, just to let you know, Warren and Doug are near legendary for their knowledge and help to beginners. You are extremely fortunate to be on a board with these two illustrious gentlemen participating. I would read and learn everything they post .

7. enochian

enochian silver eater

i know im waiting on there reply to this

8. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Well, stevex6 is legendary too. Oops, but for other reasons.

stevex6 likes this.
  9. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

If you only knew the power of the dark side young numismatic....[​IMG]

stevex6 likes this.
  10. enochian

enochian silver eater

actual im not lazy i have a problem where i think i have typed a word right but for some reason i typed a different word and i use spell check alot. also I type way to fast the way i type which is faster then i can think. even if i proof read the message I still cant see the error in till hours later. Now with the new software i cant edit when i see my error. To make things worse I use my phone alot to type and I hit keys next to the key im trying to use so thats where words like tjere come from and I dont have spell check or a way to go back and edit on my phone before i send

the grammar thing is a different story Its also the way a write with out periods and colons ect. im not sure why thats just how I learned.

You should have seen my very first posts online many years ago. I have gotten alot better. Typing on forums have realy helped me learn how to spell words I had no ideal how to spell before. Two good examples are the words foreign and ancient .

So please do not call me lazy when in reality I have a real problem. Believe me i wish i was as good at spelling and grammar like most of you. School never really did me any good ( I did graduate two years late but atleast I stuck to it.) Ive taught my self with no help from any one every thing i know and do. Like reading riding a bike doing math etc My IQ was around 130+ when i was tested at the age of 15. I even talk a class about religion that i was a student of when i was 18 for 3 weeks because my teacher was sick.

So please do not call me lazy when in reality I have a real problem. Believe me i wish i was as good at spelling and grammar like most of you

11. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

you're good eno...keep on a postin' and collectin'!
    i've got a bloody master's degree...but i keyboard and spell like a grade school kid. :D

stevex, i was wondering if you had something to protect those coins.....guns safe is a great idea for your high end stuff.

randygeki and stevex6 like this.
  12. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

I write on my phone sometimes, and I still use good grammar and spelling.

I can't find the post right now, but I was quoting what you posted.

This is not a problem, it is laziness.

13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

chrsmat71 => well, originally I had "two" plans ... but I dropped this inital idea!!

Wile E Stevex6.jpg

vlaha and chrsmat71 like this.
  14. enochian

enochian silver eater

@windchild if this is the post "My lcs dosent have amy as soon as some come in which dosent happen offten tjere gone" let me fix it for you so you can understand it better.

My local coin shop does not have any. As soon as soon as some come in, which does not happen often. They are gone.

the . and the , are both parts of my grammar problem
    the j key is next to the h key, so that explains there.
    the m key is next to the n key, so that explains any
    and i didnt even see the extra f which is a double hit key, so that explains often

Its not that hard to read what i post. If you cant do it then your the lazy one.
    It should be a lot easyier for you to read then it is for me to type it.

I have better days and worse days its just how it is.

You come off as a snotty rich kid who thinks he is better then every one else.
    This is the last thing im going to say about this. because its ruining this great thread.
    No matter what you say on this matter I will not reply, And Im also going to ask a mod to remove your post aswell as mine to be fair

15. Windchild

Nope.

The post was a while before this, where you said that you were too lazy...

Exactly.

That's why I asked you to use grammar, and you replied that you wouldn't because it would take too long (which I can't find)

I am "elitist, aristocratic, snobby, snooty and snobbish" [synonyms according to Marriam Webster Dictionary] because I want people to use enough grammar that it is easy to understand?

I would recommend reading this thread: http://www.cointalk.com/threads/gold-coins.233252/

16. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Please ease up. Enochian explained he has some issues that way. That is enough for me. I post on here from my phone without grammar check to catch mistyped words myself. I also have a masters and taught graduate level classes. Something I write for business or school is of a different caliber than I wish to go through for an internet board.

non_cents, Ardatirion and randygeki like this.
  17. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I keep my coins in the toilet tank.:confused:Well, I used to until I told everyone just now.

stevex6 likes this.
  18. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

I try to stay out of things like these, but I feel like I have to throw in my two denarii here. I read the lead up comments to Windchild's comment, and I read nothing that suggested to me the OP was a lazy guy. I'm generally a benefit-of-the-doubt kind-of guy (unless things tell me otherwise), so I would have thought the OP had a legitimate reason to type the way he did (problems reading/writing, still learning how to type on a keyboard, whatever). And lo and behold:
    His comments are still readable (yes, that is a word) and understandable anyways, so they are good enough for me (and nearly everyone else in the thread it seems). It's not like he is handing me a thesis paper.

Windchild, you can point out grammar mistakes to your heart's delight on here, but please do it in a civil and polite way (i.e not bashing the OP the way you did).
    I'm always been cool with you and hope it remains so (as the youngsters among the generally older crowd of Cointalk, we have to stick together!), but I won't be on your side on this one.

So please everyone, lets just make peace and return to the topic.

19. enochian

enochian silver eater

thank you^ I just found some great pdf''s online about ancient coins ( mostly roman) that i cant wait to read

20. Windchild

I did too till he posted that he didn't, in a post I can't find anymore.

This "problem" is not a real problem.

I was not bashing the OP until he lied about a problem when he had posted earlier that it would take too much time, and then posted that I am an "elitist, aristocratic, snobby, snooty and snobbish" [synonyms according to Marriam Webster Dictionary] because I want people to use enough grammar that it is easy to understand.

That, IMO, is bashing.

21. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

break it up too.jpg break-it-up.jpg

Break it up, break it up ... there's nuthin' to see here (man, this place is supposed to be about de-stressing, enjoying our hobbie and chewin' the ol' coin-fat) ...

... but if you two dudes feel that you must clear-up this issue, then it sounds like the rest of us would prefer that you continue your feud in private, or merely bury the hatchet (oh, but don't literally bury the hatchet ... that would be wrong)

CoinMike747, non_cents and Ripley like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted