ANS museum in New York

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by treylxapi47, Oct 19, 2015.

1. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Ok guys. I'm in New York for one more day and am going to the ANS museum tomorrow for a bit.

Since this is my first time and the actual time I can spend will be limited, what are the must see items and exhibits to check out?

Also, any fellow collectors from CT up around this area that may like to meet up tomorrow morning?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I live in NYC and didn't even realize the ANS museum was here. That's just sad :banghead:

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I live in NY and have never had a chance to go.

And I knew it was there.

6. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

I live upstate, or I would offer to meet up.
    I'm assuming you're not coming up here.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What time would you be there?

8. treylxapi47

Between 11:30-1:30 or so

9. HKUP

HKUP Member

Didn't know either, but I'm going to the Wall Street Collectors Bourse at the Museum Of American Finance on Friday. Have any of you attended this in the past?

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I missed a chance to go there, a few years ago, when the coin club I used to belong to made a field trip there. I heard that they have a capital collection of pattern pieces. See if you can oogle a few of them Trey.

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I not sure you can look at the coins in the collection without prior arrangements (And often only if you are a recognized researcher.) I don't believe they have museum type displays. They do have a great library and reading room, but the books are not loaned out and do not leave the premises.

12. treylxapi47

Yeah it was a bust. I didn't realize all the measures in place to keep normal folks out.

They have a great collection you can view and research but you either have to be a member or come with a reference letter and a photo ID plus $50. Members could enter for free to view the collection but you still had to arrange a time with a curator.

I know for next time though and the ANS may be something I am interested in joining now that I've learned a little bit about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted