Another unique penny.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by MeowtheKitty, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Being ignorant to the rules is no excuse.
    Feeling like you are above the rest tells the whole story. Pretty sad if you ask me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Ignorant to the rules ? I may know them even more than you, Picking and Grining. In my books, kicking someone who is down is cowardly. And that is sad, and says something about you, which is not favourable. This exchange is not useful, and I leave the last words to you.

4. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Do you examine every sing penny with a microscope camera like Meow does? Meow get pooped out after 10 rolls of anything done in a day. Meow has watched youtube videos of guy CRH, and they finish a box in less than an hour. All they do is look at the date, and toss them. Meow take many hours just to do ten rolls.

5. MeowtheKitty

So Meow just thought of the answer to what this is. It is a gold plated penny that got a bad case of zinc rot later.

6. MeowtheKitty

7. Bert Gedin

Hi, Meow, not your fault, you're a lovely kitty !!! :cat:

8. MeowtheKitty

Thanks!

9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Bert is just grouchy because he made political comments in a post, had it deleted; made another political comment, had it deleted; then whined about it in post #16. Apparently, some members thought his whining wasn't warranted and told him so

10. Bert Gedin

Thanks for all, coin-lovers, including some with insults and some with bullying. And thanks to some moderators who think they have done a great job, however selectively. Thanks and farewell.

11. Pickin and Grinin

How is that shoulder? Did you have your surgery?

Oldhoopster likes this.
  12. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

thanks for asking

Healing nicely since the 7/15 surgery. Still off work for at least 2 weeks, but I promised the doc I won't do any lifting during my process experiments. But I'm stuck in a sling until at least the end of August.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  13. Pickin and Grinin

Thats great! Hope you heal quicker than expected.

14. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Zincolns aren't annealed, the Zinc is already soft enough to roll out punched and plated afterwards so thinly, it still remains soft enough to strike that annealing isn't necessary. Copper plated Zinc Cents are composed of Zinc Alloy 190 electroplated with 8 microns of copper. The zinc used (Zinc Alloy 190) is identified as being "self annealing characteristics", soft enough to not need to be annealed to work with it.

Lamination errors are, I think, impossible on Zincolns because it's a plated coin, if anything you'd get plating blisters under the plating, but not a delamination type fracture or splitting from impurites in an alloy.

Draft saved Draft deleted