Another Top Pop Thailand Coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by keemao, Aug 12, 2021.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Just got back from Thailand and opened my boxes of coins that had gone in for grading back in April and shipped just before I left for my trip so I did not get to open them until yesterday. I won an unopened bag of 2 baht year of trees at the April auction and went through the bag and culled out the nicest, cleanest coins and sent in 5 to be graded. I still have several very clean ones and might send in a few more with the coins I picked up on my recent trip. But I got back 2 MS 68s which turn out to be the only 2 MS 68s graded by NGC and I could find none on the PCGS site. Love to see if I can pull out a 69 if I send in a few more.
    A088 - 20210812_144209.jpg A090 - 20210812_144321.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

Nice job!

@Mkman123 might want to see it too.

4. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

ddddd likes this.
  5. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

Beautiful. Did this coin circulate? I don't think I've seen a Thai coin with the king wearing a suit before.

6. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

No, this was one of the commemorative issues that they did during Rama IX's reign. There is a 10 baht MS and Proof version. The proof is very expensive as not as many were made. Still looking for that one. And always on the lookout for a nicer MS one to have graded or buy for a decent price when I am there. 1986 10B YEAR OF TREES MS 65.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted