Another sticker!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fish4uinmd, Aug 23, 2016.

1. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

This is one I would lend credence to, since it comes from Rick Snow, AKA "Mr. Literally Wrote the Book on IHCs." It's more on the level of @messydesk's VAMSLab sticker than something like Wings, or even CAC.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    jester3681 likes this.
  4. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Photo Seal has been around for quite a while and has a large following with cent collectors.

Paul M. likes this.
  5. fish4uinmd

OK, just stumbled on it today and saw that Mr. Indian Head was connected. It figures I seldom look at IHC's.
    Thanks.

6. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yup, Rick Snow's Eagle Eye Photo Seal predates at least most of the other sticker services, with CAC being earlier, I believe. These are not a "me too" service. Rick actively makes a market in ALL coins he has stickered.

Here's the difference for me - it's usually hard for me to afford a coin Rick has his sticker on. They truly are a "cut above".

fish4uinmd and Paul M. like this.
  7. fish4uinmd

I heard that...nice to know that he has a following. Thanks.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I've never had the opportunity to meet Rick Snow in person, but he can't be too bad since Charmy @The Penny Lady® always has photos of him in her show reports.

:)C:)H:)R:)I:)S:)

9. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Earlier in my IHC collecting I got one (slabbed obviously) that had a sticker on it.
    Looked like a hawk to me.
    I removed it.
    NOW I know that was a bad move.
    I told Rick this story at the recent Whitman show.

Paul M. likes this.
  10. V. Kurt Bellman

For as good as the reputation behind the sticker is, the sticker itself is NOT particularly impressive looking. Doug's "green bean with Richard Petty on it" (I just love that line.) beats it all to heck.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

I am considering creating my own stickering service. I might call it "Bellman's Blue Bells" (that's an "e" in that last word), and the sticker will be blue and in the shape of the Liberty Bell. It will not be applied to the slab, rather the slab will be cut open with a hacksaw and the sticker will be applied directly on the coin. Interestingly, it will only be applied to the reverse of certain Franklin Halves, but I will not tell you what attribute it signifies. You'll just have to trust me that it's just sooooo worth it. Who's in? I'm taking angel investors right now. :smug::smuggrin::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  12. fish4uinmd

How about making it in another shape and calling it "BBBalls"? because after you pay the fee your b***s might turn blue! After all, good hacksaw blades are not cheap!

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I'm creating a sticker service that stickers the entire obverse of various slabs with just a hole in the middle for the coin. But I'll only sticker slabs already stickered from other stickering services. More than 2 stickers and my sticker is free with free return shipping :)

Did I also mention I'm also a retired retired-tire dealer and I also invest in vests :wacky:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    fish4uinmd likes this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

Or wait, "scratch and sniff" sniffer certified stinky stickers. No major scratches and it passes the PCGS sniffer, unless you scratch it.

15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Just wait, there will be a service of placing "exceptional for the grade and CAC sticker" in special plastic pouches for a fee, (labeled of course).

There simply is no end to the amount of people who wish to make money off of collectors. "Money for nothing and your chicks for free".

16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

As mentioned Photoseal is not "another" sticker, it was the first one. It dates back to 1999 or early 2000. I believe there is only one variety of sticker but they come with a laminated card as well that has a photo of the front of the slab and a certificate on the back. There are at least three varieties of certificates. depending on when the coin was photosealed.

17. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Sorry Kurt I'm a little short of funds today. Check me another day.

18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Ohh, conder, what about a sticker book lol. Think its time yet?

19. V. Kurt Bellman

Man, I LOVED sticker books when I was a kid! Flashback! Whoa, awesome, duuuude!

20. V. Kurt Bellman

Oh, that ain't woikin'. How about a service that body bags any coin that has been approved by more than 2 post-slab services. We got to move these refrigerators. We got to install these color TV's.

21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

See me new service above ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted