Another rahping company.. Aka pcs

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Oct 4, 2015.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

As a Numismatics lover , I like to investigate the nutty advertisings I get from time to time ... uploadfromtaptalk1443968692106.JPG uploadfromtaptalk1443968698175.JPG uploadfromtaptalk1443968705465.JPG OK they want to charge 116.95 per coin plus 6.95 sh , but that's not all its a complete set that pcs wants to offer you at about 125 per coin .. It is not certified or verified by Ngc or pcgs so the self slabs are weight less towards authentic grading standards... Would you spend 125 per coin??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

No

kaosleeroy108 likes this.
  4. kaosleeroy108

Neither would I for a coin that's not worth 15-18$

coinman1234 likes this.
  5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Ditto.

7. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Rather absurdly high priced. Damn those acronyms.

Jwt708 likes this.
  8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Rather absurdly high priced ing? I still don't get it.

9. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Unfortunately, there are folks out there just ignorant enough to sign up for this crap.

How many "Ballistic Rolls" of George Washington Presidential Dollars did one outfit sell before folks finally woke up to the fact that they were paying $125 for $50 worth of coins?

World Coin Reserve Flyer-01D.jpg

Make no mistake, there are some fairly dumb folks out there and ads such as what the OP received are simply trolling lines cast into the water looking for a bite.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If it was an acronym, all the letters would be capitalized. Only the OP knows!

Chris

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

No disrespect intended, but I think your expectations are set a tad too high on this one. ;)

If an acronym, or at least intended to be one, I must say that this ranks up there with the dumbest and most useless I've yet seen.

Jwt708 likes this.
  12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

No offense taken, and I agree with you.

Chris

13. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="19Lyds, post: 2246509, member: 15929]
    How many "Ballistic Rolls" of George Washington Presidential Dollars did one outfit sell before folks finally woke up to the fact that they were paying $125 for $50 worth of coins?[/QUOTE]

C'mon, you know that those gold bar-shaped containers are worth at least $75 apiece! That's a screamin' deal if I ever saw one. :smuggrin:

14. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

In reference to the OP, I get these types of offers all the time. Sometimes I'm curious and will read them, but most of the time, I shred the invitation form and throw the rest in the trash.

15. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Would I spend 125.00 per coin? No, for that matter, I wouldn't spend 12.50 per coin (not with s/h costs added).

But, I'm not interested in collecting bullion rounds. Evidently, some people are--even to the point of paying way over spot prices--for that matter, way over what they could purchase the same material elsewhere. More power to them.

16. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Or rapine...to plunder another's property.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  17. kaosleeroy108

Either which way they are swine

18. kaosleeroy108

This is truly a waste ,of your time but it comes in a ballistic tube and has a gold ingot case...lol

19. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

When the GW bucks first came out, my eager grandparents got me one of those ballistic rolls in the gold ingot case. Bless their hearts.

I had to gently inform them that, while I appreciate their gift, I'm not interested in them getting the rest for me (oh, they wanted to get the whole safe, and pre-buy the set, and....). I didn't have the heart to tell them how badly they'd gotten ripped off with that first roll.

I still have that ballistic roll.

20. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

rickmp likes this.
  21. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

LOL...not in a million years. :facepalm:

Draft saved Draft deleted